Windows 10 dropping support for SMB v1
Just to prevent everyone from switching to NFS just because of some SMB issues, please realize you are switching protocols doing this and adding a extra factor which might present its own challenges. It might be better to try and solve the actual issue you have in the first place depending on the situation.

In the case of @Karateinspace i'd look at configuration errors and/or security settings for 'unseen' files or folders.
So..now I wonder when SMB is gone from Windows will I have to replace my Omninas Shuttle KD20 as it does not support NFS.
Well, by Judging the Insider Builds, they are not removing it.

It is just split to Client and Server, while Server part is disabled by default.
Component is still present and you can enable it if really needed.
How does one re-enable it. Using powershell it fails.

The last two Insider Builds of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Redstone 3) has SMBv1 disabled by default.
(2017-06-30, 22:31)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: How does one re-enable it. Using powershell it fails.

The last two Insider Builds of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Redstone 3) has SMBv1 disabled by default.

Should be in Control Panel, Programs and Freatures, Turn Windows Features on and off.
This should (re-)enable smbv1.
Start powershell
Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB1Protocol $true

In case you previously uninstalled the feature you have to install it back first

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 dropping support for SMB v10