Open PVR LiveTV Architecture somehow for new features
(2017-06-21, 18:06)FernetMenta Wrote: the straming related part will be split off pvr api.

I am not sure if it makes sense to hack a lot of new features into existing pvr api. maybe new types of services need their own type of integration.
Ah interesting/promising. But what does that mean in the long run? Will there be still an IPTV compatible PVR part in kodi, or do you mean that IPTV is kind of prohibited as PVR client? As far as I understand kodi doesn't really know that it is getting streaming related channels tuned in, when using IPTV Simple Client. Or as a better example: TVHeadEnd with IPTV sources through m3u pipe solution are for kodi something like DVB-S sources, at least it handles it as if. So how will this split be then?

The most important part for me is that IPTV PVR clients should still be able to access the PVR api somehow. So that Yatse can show the channels lists, EPG and Recordings etc. in its PVR section. Same for kodi... PVR has its own keymap section, so that Channel-List is accressible as a OSD via "ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)" and EPG OSD is accessible through "ActivateWindow(pvrosdguide".

(2017-06-21, 18:06)FernetMenta Wrote: I am not sure if it makes sense to hack a lot of new features into existing pvr api
Well, but an API is there to make things accessible, isn't it? The logical step would be to add some flexibility to the api to be capable of realizing new things (of course only to some extend).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open PVR LiveTV Architecture somehow for new features - by infinity85 - 2017-06-21, 18:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open PVR LiveTV Architecture somehow for new features0