• 42(current)
Release [CMIK] TFC.tv addon - repo / updates / support
(2018-11-08, 23:15)wpgbry Wrote:
(2018-11-08, 19:28)markv Wrote:
(2018-11-08, 19:21)wpgbry Wrote: I purchased a roku stick+ to install tfc. One thing I noticed is that the tfc on roku has ads maybe that's why they keep on blocking kodi.. In terms of video quality on my 65inch tv, the kodi is better. Cmik's tfc is closer to 720p while the roku one is more of 480p or less.
 hmn.. I have yet to see some form of ads. is it a video ad or banner ad you're seeing? What type of subscription do you have?    
There is always an ad before the show starts. Roku express ad, remitly ad, etc. I am subscribed to the tfc lite here in Canada.  
 Oh I see, I guess it depends on the subscription type you have. Possibly the reason why TFC is blocking Kodi altogether because they can't insert those pre-roll ads.

Now it makes sense 🤔 maybe they are not blocking Kodi deliberately, but they're almost definitely tightening their control of devices (in favour of DRM enabled devices) that people can use their services on.
It is more like TFC is letting a list of known browser user-agent pass and blocks also some HTTP headers like “Icy-MetaData” that is unfortunately used by FFmpeg.
TFC addon works on my android box for now with remote keyboard/mouse. But interface is designed for touchscreen that's why it is pretty hard to navigate.

More power to cmik!
Just an update guys. I tried my Roku just now. The Roku TFC app is having some Playback issues also.
Playback Error : An error occurred during video playback. Please try again later. (1.001)
Di kaya nabablock na din ang Roku TFC app ng Akamai?  Smile
Hello guys,

Gusto ko lang ishare yung temporary solution ko para makapanood ng TFC sa TV with almost the same as KODI.  Kudos talaga to CMIK.  I'm a big fan and I can't wait until you find the resolution for this TFC update that stopped us from watching in KODI.  I believe since the first time you were able to figure out that its possible to play TFC in KODI then I am very confident that you will get this one too.  Just take your time bro.  Have a beer and you'll get it.

Anyways, yung temporary solution ko watching TFC is via yung Chromecast on TV.  If you guys have it then its easy to figure out.  To those who don't then bili na kayo ng Chromecast.  Its only $30 bucks (or even $20 in letgo) and it so worth it afterwards.  Just make sure you have HDMI port in your TV.

Anyways, just setup your Chromecast at your TV with your same home wifi (google it how) then once you have it setup then download GOOGLE CHROME.  Then login to your TFC.TV account.  Then once you are able to play a video after that stupid ad (I dont know why the need.  We are paying premium and we still get ads) then "mute" the volume when ads (it will be louder than TFC.).  Then once the show is playing then you will find 3 dots on the right corner of Chrome browser.  Click the 3 dots then go to "CAST" then lalabas yung name ng Chromecast nyo then click it to connect.  Then you'll notice na nagmirror yung desktop/laptop nyo sa Chromecast then let it run for a bit after 30-45secs it will show its now casting to your TV.  Then voila!! You will now have same quality as your machine via Chromecast.  It will do a full screen afterwards.  If not then just click the arrows on the boottom screen then magfufull screen na sya.  No slowness issue or pixelated.  Only problem now is when you close your Chrome browser then Chrome will disconnect as well.   
So I advise to let your desktop or laptop running.  So it wont go to Sleep Mode.

I hope this helps to anyone that is willing to try.  FYI, follow me at facebook at Jayp Punkkey or my JAMStudioTO page.  We support fully OPM bands and hiphop in Toronto, Canada.

- Jayp Punkkey
nice punkyy and yeah you can cast, mirror, or airplay from your phone to most devices (android tv box. firetv, smarttv, appletv and etc) and you don't really need to buy extra gadgets.
Just google how to cast on whatever home networked device you got.  Smile
Sorry if this is a silly question but if they are blocking curl and ffmpeg user agents can't we just pass a user agent option?

curl -A "UserAgentString"
ffmpeg -user-agent "UserAgentString"

is it possible to implement this in your kodi addon or is it more complicated than that?
(2018-11-12, 14:43)Jeremiah Wrote: Sorry if this is a silly question but if they are blocking curl and ffmpeg user agents can't we just pass a user agent option?

curl -A "UserAgentString"
ffmpeg -user-agent "UserAgentString"

is it possible to implement this in your kodi addon or is it more complicated than that?

Hi @Jeremiah,
It is mostly ffmpeg that retrieve m3u8 playlist and segments. You can pass a user-agent from Kodi to ffmpeg but it is only applied on the 1st call but not on sublevels.
Also ffmpeg header Icy-MetaData can’t be disabled on sublevels.
The only ways are to :
- compile a new version of ffmpeg with a fix (you must be able to replace your current ffmpeg)
Or
- use a proxy (Fiddler, Apache proxypass, etc...) that can replace/remove headers.

Some of us are testing different solutions like benaranguren with livestreamer.

I hope we can get back to you with some results.

Peace
TFC.TV also does not work on linux either now even firefox. Even in windows it only works on 1 of my 3 browsers. It seems they are being very rude about there behavior. I am also using raspberry pi so right now my pi is useless. I worry about having to recompile things since it wont work for windows linux android raspberry pi I think it will be fixed for 1 and not others. I don't know how to setup a way to actively strip these headers in linux. This issue is very upsetting since I pay my money and they perpousely are trying to screw there customers now. I don't want to have to boot up a very power hungry computer ever time I want to watch tfc. That is the whole reason I have the raspberry pi it's very light weight low power quiet and runs kodi perfectly.
If anyone knows a how to solution that will work on Pi/linux/window reguardless can you give step by step instructions.
The only thing that works for me is to use a device that has chromecast capability (e.g. nvidia shield, mibox or chromecast) to cast tfc.tv from a chrome browser or android app. Is the tfc.tv roku app still not working? I'm thinking of buying a roku streaming stick when they go on sale on black friday. Edit: Here is a youtube video on how to cast from a chrome browser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U1DVkNPxsA
(2018-11-12, 21:01)Jeremiah Wrote: If anyone knows a how to solution that will work on Pi/linux/window reguardless can you give step by step instructions.

Jeremiah,
You can set a proxy on a Linux (Apache proxypass or Squid) or Windows (Fiddler) that will modify User-Agent and remove Icy-MetaData headers.

Shakmaty has explain how to set up Fiddler :
https://github.com/cmik/cmik.xbmc/issues...-437703103

In my case, I’m using an Apache server on another raspberry pi, set as SSL proxypass for akamai urls.
I can explain how I’ve done if you prefer this solution.
(2018-11-13, 00:51)cmik Wrote: In my case, I’m using an Apache server on another raspberry pi, set as SSL proxypass for akamai urls.
I can explain how I’ve done if you prefer this solution. 
 Yes please if you don't mind sharing it to us. 😬

Does it require some additional configuration in the Apache server? I might try and do it in a docker container so it'll always run in the background.
@hopya
Yes the roku app is working fine again. So far just 1 error I got since the weekend. Cheapest roku is the roku express I got CAD44.95+hst.

To our tfc addon devs, keep up the good work. You have our support until the end. Cheers guys! 🤗😎
Yes sir cmik please share to us. Thank u po.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CMIK] TFC.tv addon - repo / updates / support10