Can't get Kodi to see my LAN
Hello,

I'm running Windows10 on my HTPC w/Kodi 17.3 as well as two pc's on my LAN, one that houses all of my hard drives with movies/music and the other PC having a misc video hard drive. I have all the network sharing settings dialed in all three pc's and each one (including the HTPC) can see/play/edit all the videos/music files residing on all of the computers. However, even though I can open/edit/play any of the video/music files that are on the network on the HTPC via the Windows GUI, I cannot get Kodi to see any of the networked drives/computers. It simply shows "smb://" and nothing else when I try to point it to a video/music source on network. Why isn't it seeing the network?

What am I doing wrongHuh??
Have you had a look through this... http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sourc...te_sources

Notice any difference with what is in there and what you have done?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Did you recently turn off SMB v1 on your windows machines for file serving or client? I haven't been able to determine how Kodi does SMB when running on windows. It seems like on Linux / LE platform you can configure the SMB version, but it might not be configurable on android, don't know about Windows.

scott s.
(2017-06-26, 23:09)Karellen Wrote: Have you had a look through this... http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sourc...te_sources

Notice any difference with what is in there and what you have done?

Thanks Karellen. I went thru the guide when I originally set things up. I assumed Kodi would see my networked/shared folders like it had in the past (I think I started originally with Kodi 13 or something like that). I'm not sure why it doesn't now. I was able to simply type in the smb network locations manually and it worked that way. It's a little more work than I wanted to do but when you have no other choice...... Any ideas why Kodi won't automatically browse and display my network locations?
I believe the fully qualified SMB name was fixed in 17.1 and 17.2 but may be broken again in 17.3, with a possible fix in 17.4?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get Kodi to see my LAN0