v17 Live TV Issues - Trouble identifying source of problem
Thanks, popcornmix.

The CanaKit Power Supply is highly reviewed, and for the most part, recognized as being adequate. Barring any QA issues, the 5V 2.5A power supply I purchased should be enough to power the Pi.

So before I go and spend money on a new power supply, is there a way to test the Pi 3 voltage? I have a multimeter, but not sure where the leads are to test (searched around and found instructions for previous boards, but not the Pi 3). I'd also like to test the PSU, but not sure if there is a way to check it without cutting off the USB end. The cord is wired into the housing of the AC end. Is there a way to place leads into the USB male end in order to test voltage?

Any thoughts as to why this happens so much more infrequently when in debug mode? Did you happen to see anything unusual in the log files?

One other thought - I was under the impression that NextPVR was my only option to use my cable card enabled tuner. Would it also be worth exploring other PVR options?

Thanks for hanging in there with me! Would love to be able to pair some cheap frontends with my server, and was hopeful that the Pi might do the trick. If there are any other recommended frontend options, IO am all ears. Appreciate the help troubleshooting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live TV Issues - Trouble identifying source of problem - by kingcoldcuts - 2017-07-12, 20:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV Issues - Trouble identifying source of problem0