Bug ServerWMC crash on Windows 10
I had WMC and ServerWMC running fine and talking to Kodi. Like a fool I allowed Windows Update to update the WMC computer to Windows 10 Build 1703.

Getting WMC back up was fairly simple. But to my surprise, ServerWMC now crashes (usually) whenever it is started.

I was able to get into the UI a couple of times, and saw that I needed to restore the WMC recording directory setting (I am recording to drive F: which is an external eSATA drive) But after fixing that I have not been able to get ServerWMC to run. The tray icon will appear for a moment, then it goes away. I see the text pasted below in the event log. I have tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling a couple of times. I have tried this with version 1244 and version 1247.

In case the problem is the recording paths and network shares, I want to look at the settings for ServerWMC. Are these in the registry (if so, where?) or in a file (if so, where?). Is it possible the settings are not removed when uninstalling the software? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program ServerWMC because of this error.

Program: ServerWMC
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 1ADAE830
Disk type: 0
-----------------------------------------------------
Faulting module name: LavasoftTcpService64.dll, version: 2.3.4.7, time stamp: 0x555dc671
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000000000000890c
Faulting process id: 0x27fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f4df6e155fbf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ServerWMC\ServerWMC.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll
Report Id: eddb1029-b707-4251-a4ce-9ac6daf9d61f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
The log file and the settings file stored here:
%programdata%\VDsoftware\ServerWMC

Hopefully the log file will have some useful info as to what is wrong
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I shifted my attention to the Lavasoft dll mentioned in the event log. I found it was a leftover from a previous Ad-Aware installation. For some reason it had not caused an issue prior to the Windows 10 update to build 1703. I found and ran a tool clean up old adware (sic) and if found the Lavasoft files and deleted them properly (which doing a simple delete from Explorer apparently won't accomplish.) So no ServerWMC runs and the UI launches without crashing.

Thanks for the pointer to the settings and log files, that may come in useful as I now try (again) to get serverWMC to be happy with my recording to F: drive and using domain credentials to access shares (as I had it set before the update.) And also many thanks for this handy software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC crash on Windows 100