Do I need to do anything to get my Xbox 360 controller working?
After reading Elan's post about Xbox 360 controller support, I installed the drivers, rebooted and plugged in my wired 360 controller. So far there's no response at all from XBMC when I try to drive around. Do I need to enable it somewhere?
Mac: White iMac Core Duo, Radeon mobility X1300 128MB video, Broadcom CrystalHD Mini PCIe OS X 10.5.6
PC: Mythbuntu 10.10, Dual-core Pentium 2.0GHZ, 2GB RAM, GeForce 9400 PCIe
TV: 60" Sharp Aquos connected via HDMI
...And a launch day Boxee Box!
Update: Via the Wiki I found the keymap.xml information page and subsquently found my keymap.xml at ~home/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata. I've poked around in there and there is indeed a section titled <joystick name="Wireless 360 Controller"> but so far I'm not sure where to get each button id. I've got the Xbox 360 control panel open and it does respond to each button press but it still no workee in XBMC. Guess I have more searching to do.

Sorry about the semi stream of consciousness posting; it keeps me on track. Smile
Mac: White iMac Core Duo, Radeon mobility X1300 128MB video, Broadcom CrystalHD Mini PCIe OS X 10.5.6
You should replace the keymap.xml file Application Support with the new one that came with 0.1.5, or else whack yours and let XBMC replace it for you on the next boot.

I'm looking for a volunteer for finish up the keymap.xml, if you're interested!

-elan
Yes, I'd like to give it a go so I can help out where I can - I'm no developer! I thought I had whacked all the old settings before installing 0.1.5, as I always delete the xbmc folder in Application Support before upgrading to a new build, but perhaps I missed something. If it's the correct keymap file it should "just work" once I launch XBMC, right?
You don't need to be a developer, just XML you'd be editing.

It should just work with the right keymap.xml file. Make sure you load up the preference pane that shows that the controller is recognized.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do I need to do anything to get my Xbox 360 controller working?0