Advice before I buy
Hi,

My old Samsung UE40D6500 smart tv is getting dumber by the day. More and more apps that I like to use are disappearing. Netflix never worked and at the beginning of this month they also removed the YouTube app.
Glad I can still use Plex, but the question is for how long....

Now I am looking into alternatives. My tv can go till Full HD and important for me is to be able to watch Netflix, YouTube and use Kodi/Plex for local files.
I am considering the Wetek Hub or the Wetek Play 2.

Does it matter which one I buy or are there other alternatives that you would advice?

Cheers,
tv93
both wetek hub and wetek play 2 will do what you want. if you don't need dvb tuners, better go with wetek hub

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box is a good reading
I would personally get the Play2, without buying the DVB/ATSC Tuner module as the Play2 has an extra 1GB RAM over the Hub - Android likes a bit of extra RAM headroom and run a bit snappier. LibreELEC would happily run on just 1GB.

The easy to flash - unofficial Android TV ROM is pretty nice to. Smile
There should be a nice update to the Android TV Youtube App coming out soon too. Its already been released for the old x86 ATV Nexus Player.

Have a read HERE

Thank you for the advice.

Just ordered a Play 2 and the MINIX A2 lite remote.

If I understand correctly, on the Play 2 I can use
Yes all correct A++ you have done your research. Good combo Smile

In reality unless you are a complete tool, and do stupid things like Ignore warnings and Downgrade Firmware from Android Marshmallow to Lollipop.

Or do something really stupid like consult Youtube for Firmware flashing help and do low level flashing with a USB burning Tool and brick the Play2 completely. Then you should not have any serious issues or WeTek grief.

If you flash alternate Firmware correctly, you can easily go back to stock anyway, and WeTek would be none the wiser Wink

Blush Good to know. I will try not to make those mistakes.

Can't wait for the box to arrive and start playing with it!
Have you received yours?

I was planning to get the Mi-Box, but I'm changing my mind to the Play2, because of it's flexibility (connections, dual boot) and probably better support.

Not sure if there are still advantages of the Mi-box over the Play2, except price and Chromecast (but that is just a nice to have).
Hi,
I m reveiving my wetek play2 ...
Since the wetek forum is down, I al.nkot able to download the last ATV rom from ricardo...
Anyone ciuld help me and send me a downloadable link?
Thank you so much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice before I buy0