Can't access root filesystem
Hello,

when trying to install a new skin, Kodi doesn't let me enter the "root file system folder". I'm going to

Add-ons / Add-on browse / Install from zip file --> Then try to access "Root filesystem", so that I can locate the zip file from my USB, but it doesn't open.

I am using a NVIDEA Shield.

Help would be highly appreciated, I don't really know much about this stuff Smile

Thanks!
I don't think you need root access to install from the USB, the likely path is SHIELD Android TV\USB drive\Download or some external path. Take note of the Kodi Android userdata path and track that back a bit. Userdata (wiki)
Go to the file manager and add the folder as a source... Should then be an option when installing the zip.
go to file manager/add source. then choose browse/add network location.../-browse/go back in the remote and you will see your drive name. go inside and choose the directory you want to share and write down the link that appears at the screen bottom: /strorage/0261... then go back to regular add source/videos and enter the path that you have written (in the "none" section). thats it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access root filesystem0