OS X Samba issue
I have an an Nvidia shield running latest software. I deleted Kodi which was working perfectly. I reinstalled the latest version 19. It no longer connects to my SMBup files. It says: “Software caused connection abort”.
I believe all of my settings are the same in Kodi. My shield mounted my Mac with all the shared drives. So my smBup is running well.
Any thoughts on fixing this? I don’t want to have to use Plex.... please help Wink
Any thoughts on this? Having a hard time without my Kodi :-(
well, have you used search? This question had already been asked lots of times only during the last few days.
(2021-02-25, 01:32)Adidadi Wrote: I have an an Nvidia shield running latest software. I deleted Kodi which was working perfectly. I reinstalled the latest version 19. It no longer connects to my SMBup files. It says: “Software caused connection abort”.
I believe all of my settings are the same in Kodi. My shield mounted my Mac with all the shared drives. So my smBup is running well.
Any thoughts on fixing this? I don’t want to have to use Plex.... please help Wink
hi adidadi,

same problem here. could you solve the problem ? any hint welcome. 

regards,
snutsch
(2021-03-01, 11:22)snutsch Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 01:32)Adidadi Wrote: I have an an Nvidia shield running latest software. I deleted Kodi which was working perfectly. I reinstalled the latest version 19. It no longer connects to my SMBup files. It says: “Software caused connection abort”.
hi adidadi,

regards,
snutsch
problem solved; i returned to version 18.9. :-)
(2021-02-26, 23:09)kambala Wrote: well, have you used search? This question had already been asked lots of times only during the last few days.
Yes, I’ve read a few posts on this issue and only 1 reached a solution. Adding a network location manually, which I don’t know how to do and have never had to do. It seems like the discussions are all blaming the removal of smb feature after an OS X upgrade, but no Solitions provided.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kodi is bricked on my system and no longer useable. Very upsetting as it is the core of my cinema.
(2021-03-01, 13:47)snutsch Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 11:22)snutsch Wrote:
hi adidadi,

regards,
snutsch
problem solved; i returned to version 18.9. :-)

How do we return to previous version on a shield? Is there a way to load it using a file loader or something? From the store it downloads 19 which is clearly the culprit. Thank you for confirming this. Please let me know if there’s a way to roll it back on the Nvidia shield.
(2021-03-02, 23:48)Adidadi Wrote: Adding a network location manually, which I don’t know how to do and have never had to do

then I suggest that you learn how to do it. Check our wiki for example: https://kodi.wiki/view/SMB#Adding_Remote_Sources

people say that using bogus credentials also works (no need to create dedicated user or use your real credentials).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samba issue0