• 69(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
I am testing this amazing skin on my rpi2 which is quite slow.
I am wondering why there is a startup/loading screen? What is it doing in the background? 
Looking at the code i saw some mentions to extra fanart plugin being loaded. Is that why there is a load screen?
Thanks
(2018-03-05, 12:13)tazg101 Wrote: is there anyway to show In Progress Tv Shows in the Tv shows hub.

Much like the movies hub you can show In Progress Movies.

Not at the moment, but noted to be included.
(2018-03-07, 19:14)carmenm Wrote: I am testing this amazing skin on my rpi2 which is quite slow.
I am wondering why there is a startup/loading screen? What is it doing in the background? 
Looking at the code i saw some mentions to extra fanart plugin being loaded. Is that why there is a load screen?
Thanks

It's there for various reasons like loading add-on functionality, loading default settings and providing a smooth transition to the homescreen after the loading is done.
Been using this since a while, and I have to say I LOVE IT. But I keep finding myself going back to Arctic Zephyr+ for one main reason... the homescreen sub-menu system.

Is there a way to mod it to behave like Arctic Zephyr+ submenus? The left press (d-pad) for opening sub-menu and right press (d-pad) to close and get back to main menu, is much easier than GRiD's dropdown submenus, at least in my experience. I don't have much experience with skin modding, but is it something that might be possible?

.Image already added
(2018-03-08, 00:04)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 19:14)carmenm Wrote: I am testing this amazing skin on my rpi2 which is quite slow.
Thanks

It's there for various reasons like loading add-on functionality, loading default settings and providing a smooth transition to the homescreen after the loading is done. 
OK so there is no way to make it faster, even if we don't use some addons like extra fanart?
Thanks
I think I found a little bug (or a not-yet-implemented Kodi feature) regarding time skipping. (See: https://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Time_skipping )

If you press the relevant numbers and then Enter to skip to a certain time point, the video does in fact jump to that position, but there is no interface feedback. In other skins the numbers you press show up in the screen and also a confirmation of skipping. In Grid, no numbers show up, so it's a bit of a surprise whether it works. Maybe just intended, or is it a bug? I guess not everyone uses this feature, but some do. Blush
I would very much like this as well Smile
ynwa
And, unrelated, another little bug I think:

I have enabled the 'Press UP in the information view to show the complete plot' function. This works fine in movies or TV series. However, when I tried it in the PVR, for some channels or programs, I only see a few words. I think the string stops at a comma or something.

See the program info in the standard info screen:

And see the info after I pressed UP.

Somehow the text is shortened.
Hope this helps. Smile
(2018-03-08, 09:59)DeadDuck Wrote: Is there a way to mod it to behave like Arctic Zephyr+ submenus? The left press (d-pad) for opening sub-menu and right press (d-pad) to close and get back to main menu, is much easier than GRiD's dropdown submenus, at least in my experience. I don't have much experience with skin modding, but is it something that might be possible?

No, sorry. Reasoning
(2018-03-08, 10:35)carmenm Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 00:04)Jeroen Wrote:
Thanks

OK so there is no way to make it faster, even if we don't use some addons like extra fanart?
Thanks

By far the biggest delay is from loading the home screen background slideshow. If you don’t use that it should be shorter already.

I hardly ever shutdown my htpc and if I do I’m not bothered by two seconds tBh. Startup screen will not be removed / disabled.
(2018-03-08, 15:51)willemd Wrote: I think I found a little bug (or a not-yet-implemented Kodi feature) regarding time skipping. (See: https://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Time_skipping )

If you press the relevant numbers and then Enter to skip to a certain time point, the video does in fact jump to that position, but there is no interface feedback. In other skins the numbers you press show up in the screen and also a confirmation of skipping. In Grid, no numbers show up, so it's a bit of a surprise whether it works. Maybe just intended, or is it a bug? I guess not everyone uses this feature, but some do. Blush

Will look into this, cheers
(2018-03-08, 15:55)willemd Wrote: And, unrelated, another little bug I think:

I have enabled the 'Press UP in the information view to show the complete plot' function. This works fine in movies or TV series. However, when I tried it in the PVR, for some channels or programs, I only see a few words. I think the string stops at a comma or something.

Strange, will look into this one too thanks
(2018-03-09, 04:34)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 10:35)carmenm Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 00:04)Jeroen Wrote: It's there for various reasons like loading add-on functionality, loading default settings and providing a smooth transition to the homescreen after the loading is done. 
Thanks 

By far the biggest delay is from loading the home screen background slideshow. If you don’t use that it should be shorter already.

I hardly ever shutdown my htpc and if I do I’m not bothered by two seconds tBh. Startup screen will not be removed / disabled. 
I am not asking you to remove it! I am just trying to understand. 
Here does not take 2sec but at least 30sec if not 1min. I am on a PI2. I wont leave it always per energy issue.
I will try to look and see what makes so long here. 
And no i don't use background slideshow.

Thanks
Been about 10 years since I paid attention to technology. I couldn't even quote the repository link properly for this reply...

How do you install backgrounds again? If I use that repository link you posted above, where do I actually insert the address to extract the zip?

Wow I think I really need to take a computer class. And I'm the person that fixes everyone's computers at work and home.
(2018-03-10, 12:09)carmenm Wrote:
(2018-03-09, 04:34)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 10:35)carmenm Wrote: OK so there is no way to make it faster, even if we don't use some addons like extra fanart?
Thanks 

I am not asking you to remove it! I am just trying to understand. 
Here does not take 2sec but at least 30sec if not 1min. I am on a PI2. I wont leave it always per energy issue.
I will try to look and see what makes so long here. 
And no i don't use background slideshow.

Thanks

I suspect there is another reason for the long wait, as I have used Grid on an rPi 2 and it should definitely not take 30 seconds. Maybe a debug log will shed some light.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10