• 32(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
Three questions/requests

Is it possible to appoint custom icons to a menu entry? In the screenshot you see that the Youtube menu entry has the icon of an shortcut. It would be nice if there was a way to choose from a list of icons.

Second, could you please make the plot description way bigger? I mean the one when you press up.

Third, In the Now Playing topbar it shows the PVR backend name. This looks very technical and not very informative. Is there a way to change that?

And thanks again. :-)
I wish to see a fix for the filter issue in next update. I am used to searching movies by Genre. can't do that Sad
(2017-08-28, 15:11)joostzilla Wrote: Three questions/requests

Is it possible to appoint custom icons to a menu entry? In the screenshot you see that the Youtube menu entry has the icon of an shortcut. It would be nice if there was a way to choose from a list of icons.

you can change the icon from Skin Settings >> Customize Home Menu and Widgets
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2017-08-28, 18:29)3500 Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 15:11)joostzilla Wrote: Three questions/requests

you can change the icon from Skin Settings >> Customize Home Menu and Widgets
Awesome. Hadn't discovered that yet.
Thanks for the tip. [emoji3]

Sent from my ZP999
any plan for improving this?
(2017-08-28, 14:07)joostzilla Wrote: And may i recommend a TV tuner from Digital Devices. (i hope this isn't a forum violation) ;-)
Always open for recommendations, especially on things I know absolutely nothing about, you could sell me a microwave and tell me it's a tuner. So, noted Wink

(2017-08-28, 15:11)joostzilla Wrote: Second, could you please make the plot description way bigger? I mean the one when you press up.
Not sure about how big way big is, but I do think I will be making it a bit bigger yes. How big a bit big is? Not sure yet Smile

Quote:Third, In the Now Playing topbar it shows the PVR backend name. This looks very technical and not very informative. Is there a way to change that?
Agreed, can't even magine I ever meant it to show the backend name there. Will fix/change

(2017-08-28, 17:46)VikkiXavier Wrote: I wish to see a fix for the filter issue in next update. I am used to searching movies by Genre. can't do that Sad
I wish to see the skin finished in next update. But there are limits to what I can do per day unfortunately. Please be aware that you are beta testing a skin so you should expect some things not working (completely).

(2017-08-28, 20:47)3500 Wrote: any plan for improving this?
It is not a part of Grid, so there's nothing for me to improve. If you're talking about adding support for this add-on, please see my earlier comments about add-ons and feature requests.
(2017-08-28, 21:10)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 20:47)3500 Wrote: any plan for improving this?
It is not a part of Grid, so there's nothing for me to improve. If you're talking about adding support for this add-on, please see my earlier comments about add-ons and feature requests.

sorry for my english,
yeah, i mean about adding support for this add-on
(2017-08-28, 08:04)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 04:25)knewknow Wrote: edit#2: no resume icon on individual TV episodes. Any chance of getting this back in? When resuming an episode on another device, it isn't clear which one you're currently watching
When an episode (or movie) is resumable it should definitely change the icon, as in the first one here:

Hmm... I'm using the slideshow view, and resume icon isn't showing up in the corner of the episode.

Edit: disregard! Seems I never realised that the resume icon will not display if the episode has previously been marked as watched. Maybe it's new in Krypton?
@Jeroen
v1.1.9 : In file : ~/.kodi/addons/skin.grid/xml/Includes_Window.xml the letter x is missing in attribute max.
Code:
<width ma="1600">auto</width>
(2017-08-26, 16:54)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 15:39)joostzilla Wrote: I found a bug in the TV guide. Programme titles that scroll seem to leave the programme field and mix with the channel name.
Also one request, could you give a little bit more room for the channel name.
I will investigate this when tackling your earlier request to increase the timeblocks, as it concerns the same code. Regarding increasing the space for the channel name, I have plans to make this area configurable but it's tricky and will probably be a post official release thing.

So, I ended up rewriting the Guide view as it probably took me less time than to figure out what was causing the issue to begin with. At the moment it looks pretty much like before but:

- The channels have bit more room
- The timeblocks are adjusted to give more room and hopefully look better

Apart from that the way it is coded now gives a better base to build in some user options. I am planning to add options to:
- Increase or decrease the amount of rows (probably three or so configs)
- Make the size of the timeblocks customizable too
- Customizable channel name width (I think choices between channel icon only, without channel icon and as currently)

The above will really have to wait until after the official release though.

Other changes in this version:
- Support for Hebrew characters
- Changes to the animated background because of the timing issues
- Fix for the widget header not showing in the horizontal menu
- Context menu will now show "Enable shortcut" when a shortcut has already been disabled.

- More fixes and things I can't remember Smile
Hi Jeroen,

Sorry to be a pain. Regarding artist slideshow, I still can't get it to work. What settings are you using?

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2017-08-29, 09:55)Blurayx Wrote: Hi Jeroen,

Sorry to be a pain. Regarding artist slideshow, I still can't get it to work. What settings are you using?

Thanks

You need to enable it in skin settings. See Skin Settings > Artwork > Now playing > Select background (or something similar, not able to check now). Then choose either fanart or blend (blend will mix fanart and visualization if installed). By default it will use the fanart you have set for the artist. If you have artist slideshow installed it will show fanart sourced from that add-on.
(2017-08-29, 10:07)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 09:55)Blurayx Wrote: Hi Jeroen,

Thanks

You need to enable it in skin settings. See Skin Settings > Artwork > Now playing > Select background (or something similar, not able to check now). Then choose either fanart or blend (blend will mix fanart and visualization if installed). By default it will use the fanart you have set for the artist. If you have artist slideshow installed it will show fanart sourced from that add-on.

I've got artist slideshow working . But I think it still needs a little tweaking Smile

When I press full screen
it goes back to this screen

It should display the image shown below. Also the process bar and track info constantly appears on the screen, Normally it should disappear after a few seconds, Then again when the next track starts playing

I hope this all makes sense

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
(2017-08-29, 11:24)Blurayx Wrote: When I press full screen

I was expecting it to display this.
Intended behaviour. That button, as part of the player controls, opens the current playlist. It reminds me though that when playing audio I need to use another icon there to give a better indication. The now playing screen generally isn't something you actually go and "do" things in. And as the now playing window will open by itself after a while I find a button to the playlist far more useful.

Quote:Also the process bar and track info constantly appears on the screen, Normally it should disappear after a few seconds.
Agreed.
(2017-08-29, 11:43)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 11:24)Blurayx Wrote: When I press full screen

I was expecting it to display this.
Intended behaviour. That button, as part of the player controls, opens the current playlist. It reminds me though that when playing audio I need to use another icon there to give a better indication. The now playing screen generally isn't something you actually go and "do" things in. And as the now playing window will open by itself after a while I find a button to the playlist far more useful.

Quote:Also the process bar and track info constantly appears on the screen, Normally it should disappear after a few seconds.
Agreed.

Would you consider in the future adding an option that when a track is selected artist slideshow also starts Smile

Thanks
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10