How to incorpoarate live TV into Kodi
Hi,

I have Kodi installed on an Android Satellite TV box. The box comes with an Android app (DTV) for watching TV channels. I'm not very keen on the supplied app and thought I might be able to use Kodi to select channels. I've had a quick look at setting up TV within Kodi but am unclear as to how to do this.

My searches have only found addons for using IPTV, which is not something I'm looking for.

Is there a simple guide for adding Satellite TV channels to Kodi?
You need a pvr backend. PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-16, 00:50)nickr Wrote: You need a pvr backend. PVR (wiki)

There are lots to choose from, and I can't figure out which I need...
None of them work on android, what proessor is in your android box?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-16, 01:09)nickr Wrote: None of them work on android, what proessor is in your android box?

The STB is a Vigica C90.

According to Kodi (v16.0 - Jarvis) it is an Amlogic Meson8B.

According to a review, it mentions Amlogic S805.

I'm thinking of replacing this box in the near future with one of these:-

https://www.banggood.com/Mecool-KIII...p-1131214.html

Could I use Kodi to watch live satellite TV with one of these?
If it is s805, you could try running libreelec on it and use tvheadend as a backend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to incorpoarate live TV into Kodi0