Shield and HD audio passthrough issues
Hi,

Anyone else experienced annoying HD audio passthrough issues? Often when I start a movie that is either DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD or Atmos, my receiver will just stay on "Stereo" and there is no sound. Then sometimes I can fix it by stopping the movie and playing from beginning again. Other times I have to go and disable passthrough and re-enable it. But a lot of times I have to even restart the Shield entirely to get the sound to play.

This has never happened in SPMC, Plex or any of my other apps. So I must assume the problem is KODI.

Anyone know of a fix? Or will I have to wait for a newer version of KODI?
Never had any issue with passthrough, but I would imagine it's your receiver (I have Denon). Is your receiver powered off, and then back on when you start to playback movies through Kodi? For a test, Turn on your Receiver, then restart you shield, and see if you have these issues.
(2017-07-23, 05:17)Powerhouse Wrote: Never had any issue with passthrough, but I would imagine it's your receiver (I have Denon). Is your receiver powered off, and then back on when you start to playback movies through Kodi? For a test, Turn on your Receiver, then restart you shield, and see if you have these issues.
Sounds weird. It was one of the reasons why SPMC was preferred to KODI with Shield at first, but it was my understanding it was fixed. It has nothing to do with the receiver, as it works perfectly fine in all other apps, including SPMC. I also did test rebooting the receiver while playing - no help Sad
Any suggestions?
(2017-07-22, 10:13)johnjohn22 Wrote: Hi,

Anyone else experienced annoying HD audio passthrough issues? Often when I start a movie that is either DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD or Atmos, my receiver will just stay on "Stereo" and there is no sound. Then sometimes I can fix it by stopping the movie and playing from beginning again. Other times I have to go and disable passthrough and re-enable it. But a lot of times I have to even restart the Shield entirely to get the sound to play.

This has never happened in SPMC, Plex or any of my other apps. So I must assume the problem is KODI.

Did you read the Shield thread? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304226
Specifically the Known issues?
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-25, 01:08)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-07-22, 10:13)johnjohn22 Wrote: Hi,

Did you read the Shield thread? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304226
Specifically the Known issues?
I did yeah. I tried working the delay up and down, but it doesn’t seem to affect the audio losses. I do have frame rate switching turned on obviously and passthrough, but I do too in SPMC and Plex with no issues.
But it might still be the root cause?
Do you have sync playback to display turned on? If yes turn this off for passthrough
(2017-07-25, 13:38)goujam Wrote: Do you have sync playback to display turned on? If yes turn this off for passthrough

Nope, have that disabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield and HD audio passthrough issues0