Autodetect of screen on Ubuntu
Posting this here as I haven't had any conclusive results in the Ubuntu forums or google. I know it's not an XBMC issue but am appealing to the Linux users here.

I have a HTPC which is running XBMC on Kubuntu. I sometimes power on the HTPC without the screen switched on (Pioneer Plasma) but when I do get round to switching the screen on I see only a command line login rather than the automatic startup of XBMC. If I boot (or reboot) with the screen switched on all works fine.

I'm guessing that this is something related to Ubuntu not being able to autodetect the display so going for the safest option, but I want to force it to boot to my graphical login everytime.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Cheers.
hitman Wrote:Posting this here as I haven't had any conclusive results in the Ubuntu forums or google. I know it's not an XBMC issue but am appealing to the Linux users here.

I have a HTPC which is running XBMC on Kubuntu. I sometimes power on the HTPC without the screen switched on (Pioneer Plasma) but when I do get round to switching the screen on I see only a command line login rather than the automatic startup of XBMC. If I boot (or reboot) with the screen switched on all works fine.

I'm guessing that this is something related to Ubuntu not being able to autodetect the display so going for the safest option, but I want to force it to boot to my graphical login everytime.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Cheers.

Off the top of my head, I would say in xorg.conf remove the option for edid
Option "UseEDID" "False"

I think is what you need..
Thanks rrambo.
However, the htpc didn't exhibit this behaviour today. Strange.
Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autodetect of screen on Ubuntu0