Can't use anything on Kodi since I installed it
I was having issues with Kodi playing videos on my Nvidia Shield well for a while so I just thought I'd uninstall and then install it again to see if that would help. Well now I can't use Kodi at all. It automatically scrolls down to the bottom of everything. I managed to add a source, but if I try to download it from a zip file or download an add on from the repository I can't select anything because it just goes straight to the bottom of every list. I read something about changing the skin but since it automatically scrolls down I can't even get to the option to change it. It is now completely useless the way it is. What can I do? Please help!
Sounds like you have a scramble of code that might bring up a Kodi home page and not much else. A proper re-installation and fresh start would be recommended. If you're using a USB as extra memory the path to your Userdata (wiki) folder is Computer\SHIELD Android TV\ADATA USB drive\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\userdata ensure this is cleaned out before you decide to take on the task of an installation.
I uninstalled it again since it wasn't working. I followed that path, but there wasn't a org.xmbc.kodi folder since it is no longer downloaded. When I tried downloading it again from the play store I still had the same problems. My only thought is to factory reset my nvidia shield, but I don't know if that would even fix the issue.
sounds like controller issue.
does it still scroll with the remote and/or the controller off?
Oh my goodness you're right. I had already tried unpairing the controller and then pairing it again earlier to see if that'd do anything, but it hadn't. The controller is also working perfectly with everything else on the shield so I thought it was fine. However, I did just turn it off and used a keyboard and mousepad I have instead and it works! I had tried using the keyboard and mousepad earlier without turning the shield controller off and it didn't make a difference. That is so weird...I guess I have to get this controller fixed or a get a new one? Except it works perfectly with everything else. How strange..I wonder why.
Mabye a controller config issue, custom keymap or whatever. A Debug Log might show whats going on. The shield controller works perfectly fine for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't use anything on Kodi since I installed it0