v17 Hangs while reading malformed video (sample included)
Hi

Yesterday there was problems with the IPTV provider I use and they were sending some malformed video which made Kodi to completely hang.

I'm using Kodi 17 distributed with Raspbian, and the sample file is below. Just try to load it and Kodi with hang, the only way to get it back to normal is to restart it or reboot the system.

Sample file: https://mega.nz/#!WxplFJTT!wugUwxYWJQPdb...eIjkECwNtc

Hope this helps.
Nuno
A debug log would also help us more.
I don't have a full debug log yet, but this is 100% reproducible with the (malformed) sample I posted.

I believe this has nothing to do with Raspberry Pi itself, but with ffmpeg, however kodi crashes/hangs and there's an improvement point to the code that can be made to prevent this from happening.
Any news on this? Did anyone had the chance to look at the sample and tried to play it ?
I doubt it. We won't do anything without the Debug Log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I did try the file. It does cause problems.
It appears the dimensions of the video constantly change and it is full of syntax errors.

Can you explain exactly what the file is?
It doesn't seem to be just corrupted, but more like something crafted to cause issues.
It obviously doesn't play in any useful was on any media players.

Sure it would be nice if it didn't hang kodi, but it's lower priority that trying to fix valid files.
The origin of this file is my iptv provider, somehow due to an issue on their end this was the stream they were sending for one channel. I know for a fact that this is malformed, but it was not crafted.

My idea is to help make Kodi more robust and less prone to this kind of crashes, and to provide a sample that causes kodi to crash.

I totally understand that this has lower priority, I'd just like this issue not to be forgotten. Should I maybe open a trac ticket for this ?

Thanks Smile
(2017-08-02, 14:22)KlotX Wrote: I totally understand that this has lower priority, I'd just like this issue not to be forgotten. Should I maybe open a trac ticket for this ?

Yes, feel free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hangs while reading malformed video (sample included)0