Android How can I use the same box in other TV rooms. Without moving it I mean.
Is there a setup I can get to control the box from another room. ?
There's a web interface. You can control it from a browser. You can control it from a remote control app on your smartphone (Kore, Yatse on Android). You can play content from your box using some other devices with upnp eg 'Play Using <insert some other device such as a smart tv here>'. That gives you somewhere to start with your search hopefully.
And additionally you could also use something like TeamViewer (remote desktop software) to even 'see' the remote device on your local screen.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2017-07-26, 02:25)Malcolm Mackintosh Wrote: Is there a setup I can get to control the box from another room. ?
Why would you want to exactly? I'm not being sarcastic but honestly wondering your reasons for wanting to "use the same box in other TV rooms"?

It is just that by wanting to "use the same box in other TV rooms" I assume that you have a TV in each room and that you want to display Kodi GUI in each room and not just for example hear the sound.

If you only want to navigate Kodi playback from another room without display (like example for music playback) then yes you can use either Kodi's web-interface or one of the many smart phone/tablet apps available for remotley controlling Kodi, but they will not give you a display of what is showing in that other room.

As far as I know any solution for using "the same box in other TV rooms" for display is going to be eiher more expensive or much more complicated then just byuing an cheap computer/box for each room to run Kodi nativly on locally.

As you may know, Kodi runs on really cheap devices such as Amazon Fire TV Stick and Raspberry Pi. so my suggestion would be to just buy a Amazon Fire TV Stick and/or Raspberry Pi and connect to each TV in each room.

Amazon Fire TV Stick capable of 1080p playback and including a remote with integrated voice support costs from $35(US), and it is super easy to side-load Kodi onto that, so that is not a huge cost to make any TV with HDMI-input into a Smart TV with Kodi.
Reads a bit like "i have a very very large mansion but dont wana spend money on a couple of vacuum cleaners so my question is can i do with one vacuum cleaner and a 300ft hose"
Seriously?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I use the same box in other TV rooms. Without moving it I mean.0