Solved Channel order for m3u8 channels
I'm going freakin crazy here. I have a 45 channel m3u8 file that uses the channel order from what's in the file. Then I put in a 145 channel m3u8 file with a customized order and Kodi shows the channels in an order that I can't figure out. Definately not the order of the channles in the m3u8 file. Any ideas?
Anyone understand how the channels get automatically sorted? I sorted the channels in the m3u8 file and when I imported them, Kodi sorted them in some random order. I don't want them in alphabetical or by channel. I want them sorted how I have them in the m3u8 file. Thanks!
https://github.com/grkblood13/m3u-builder
I have spent about 2 hours on this utility. I followed the very limited instructions and it's not working at all. I get a Line 1 Char 1 error in the .js file. Would you be able to help a little more?
I have been setting my own order without any issues. Here are a few things to try.

In the Kodi settings for "PVR & Live TV" under "General" I have turned on "Use channel order from backend(s)" and "Use channel numbers from backend". Under "Guide" I have turned on "Don't cache in local database" so that it fully loads it every time. While your their try clear the data for both the channels and the guide.

Now try reload the m3u file and hopefully the order will be like how you want it.
I figured it out. I had to clear the data from the IPTV settings. Once I did that it started working. Thanks all!
Thread marked solved.
Ordering if channels from the M3U file has been added to the Matrix version of the addon.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel order for m3u8 channels0