OPEN ELEC 8.0.4 KODI 17.1 KRYPTON R/W Access
OK I re-installed LE and was reminded of why I uninstalled it before... It doesn't see any of the TB Hard Drives..

dmesg
http://sprunge.us/XJDd

journalctl
http://sprunge.us/MIbZ

df
http://sprunge.us/fcYA

smb.conf
http://sprunge.us/NFXa
I should also note that I pulled both HDs off the LE machine, put them in my winblows workstation, did a chkdsk /F. It reported no errors, then I shut down the workstation completely and pulled the TB HDs..

According to journalctl above, the drives are still unclean..

I guess my next step is an exorcism....
(2017-08-04, 10:57)Michale32086 Wrote: OK I re-installed LE and was reminded of why I uninstalled it before... It doesn't see any of the TB Hard Drives..

Well the good news is that LE is seeing the full capacity of all your disks. It looks like you added an extra 2TB disk this time, so you had sda (160GB boot disk), sdb (2TB with 1 partition), sdc (6TB, 2 partitions) and sdd (4TB, 2 partitions).

However, the bad news is that LE (or more specifically ntfs-3g) thinks the sdb, sdc and sdd drives are all unclean with unsafe NTFS partitions, and is refusing to mount them. It won't even mount them read-only, although you could try this yourself manually by using the ntfs-3g command.

Since you've run chkdsk I'm not sure what else to suggest - could the drives be being left "unclean" by the Windows shutdown? Although "unclean" could mean anything as NTFS on Linux is really just a hack...

I think if I were you I'd just bin NTFS completely, and use a native Linux filesystem - far fewer problems! And then install LibreELEC for good. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK looks like I can manually mount the TB HDs with the ro option..

I am all for using the linux filesystem. As I mentioned, the 6TB is empty, so I can format it, copy everything from the 4TB to it and then format the 4TB...
Uh... Wait a minute.. the 4TB and 6TB should only have 1 partition...

What format/fdisk command is available thru LEHuh
(2017-08-04, 13:17)Michale32086 Wrote: Uh... Wait a minute.. the 4TB and 6TB should only have 1 partition...

What format/fdisk command is available thru LEHuh
parted, mkfs.ext4

Or boot a Linux Live CD (eg. System Rescue CD) and use gparted which has a very nice GUI.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanx Milhouse.. I am doing it remotely so parted sounds like the best option..
Here is something interesting.....

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
1 17.4kB 134MB 134MB Microsoft reserved partition msftres
2 135MB 6001GB 6001GB ntfs Basic data partition msftdata

I am wondering if that small reserve partition is making LE think that the drive is "unclean"...
I am practicing on the 2TB drive creating a linux partition, but I don't think it went right..

Quote:Model: ATA WDC WD20EURS-63S (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 2000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags

(parted) mklabel gpt
mklabel gpt
Warning: The existing disk label on /dev/sdb will be destroyed and all data on
this disk will be lost. Do you want to continue?
Yes/No? y
y
(parted) print
print
Model: ATA WDC WD20EURS-63S (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 2000GB
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

(parted) mklabel gpt
mklabel gpt
Warning: The existing disk label on /dev/sdb will be destroyed and all data on
this disk will be lost. Do you want to continue?
Yes/No? Yes
Yes
(parted) unit TB
unit TB
(parted) mkpart primary 0 0
mkpart primary 0 0
(parted) mkpart primary 0.00TB 2.00TB
mkpart primary 0.00TB 2.00TB
Warning: You requested a partition from 0.00TB to 2.00TB (sectors
0..3906250000).
The closest location we can manage is 0.00TB to 0.00TB (sectors 34..2047).
Is this still acceptable to you?
Yes/No? Yes
Yes
Warning: The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best performance.
Ignore/Cancel? I
I
(parted) print
print
Model: ATA WDC WD20EURS-63S (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 2.00TB
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

2 0.00TB 0.00TB 0.00TB primary
1 0.00TB 0.00TB 0.00TB primary

(parted)
If you're more at home under Windows, then something like Minitool's Partition Wizard can be used to create and manipulate partitions on drives, including creating ext4 ones.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-08-04, 14:08)DarrenHill Wrote: If you're more at home under Windows,

It shows, eh?? Big Grin

Yea, I might avail myself of that if this is still an issue on Monday.. Weekends are my busy time... I own a TV/Laptop repair shop and weekends are usually swamped...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OPEN ELEC 8.0.4 KODI 17.1 KRYPTON R/W Access0