Digital Audio Output (AC3/DTS SPDIF pass-through)?
Charly Wrote:Anyone interested in writing the passthrough code? Wink

I'm crossin my fingers here
Charly Wrote:There is no passthrough in the win32 port yet, meaning no ac3 or dts unless it's set to analog (and even then it's probably not downmixed to 2 channels, the xbox does this for us, win32 doesn't).
I found this also but since I'm not very deep in digital audio I didn't know if it's still needed. Also the logfiles surprises me since I read in a few "..using pass through.."
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well, dvdplayer doesn't know output system doesn't support passthrough. So it will assume that is possible and output the encoded frames. You need to explicitly disable it for windows (alternatly fixup AsyncDirectSound.cpp, to support it which shouldn't be too hard).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Windows uses CWin32DirectSound instead of CASyncDirectSound.
Since I've never used digital audio nor programmed it I'm a little bit lost here. I searched a little bit through the net but only found references that windows will handle it for you no matter if 2 or more channels are present. Does it mean we just can take the CWin32DirectSound for pass through playback or are there other changes required?
try setting SubFormat to MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3_SPDIF or KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3_SPDIF instead of KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_PCM. when passthrough in passthrough mode.

And no windows will not handle it if you feed it compressed AC3/DTS frames but tell it, it's uncompressed pcm audio Smile

Ah, that make things a little bit clearer for me.

Thanks,
WiSo
For all testers, I've created a new build with hopefully working audio pass through: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32202
Hi guys, I'm still getting the same problems with no sound on digital output through spdif/toslink on my motherboard.

Has this issue been resolved yet?

Love everything else thus far, keep it coming...

Thanks
BTW, i'm getting sound in XBMC when it boots up, it is just not giving me any sound either in digital OR Analog videos.

Thanks
farfromover Wrote:Hi guys, I'm still getting the same problems with no sound on digital output through spdif/toslink on my motherboard.

Has this issue been resolved yet?

Love everything else thus far, keep it coming...

Thanks

BUMP!! Anyone?
So fa i have two boxes running winXP with spdif outputting perfectly all ac3 and DTS to a pioneer reciever. The only thing if somebody did not tweak in the creative console is uder decoder - spdif passthrough not use built in decoder.

Both pc-s running cheap ass audigy's bought second hand for a few beers. Wink
Althrough i had many issues with onboard sound cards out of XBMC enviroment... i ditched those "solutions" many many times in the past years. Granted, creative products may not be excellent but generally work very well if you dont ask too much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Audio Output (AC3/DTS SPDIF pass-through)?0