wrong poster Art not showing up for Blu Ray disc
I read the naming convention article but still kodi either does not get the artwork that is in the movie directory or post the wrong art work and this only happens with blu ray titles all my dvd title post correctly. I tried the artwork downloader that just made it worse. I can go in manually and change it but, when you have about 1,000 blu ray titles it will be a pain.
Give a few examples of your naming convention, file and folder.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
almost famous\ almost Famous.iso, Poster.jpg, located in the same directory
black mass\ black mass.iso Poster.jpg
bridge of spies\ bridge of spies.iso poster.jpg

all posters are in the same directory as the iso file, is there a way of clearing all the cover art and having kodi rescan for new poster?
The artwork scrapers used within Kodi are pretty lenient. Even without a year added in your file, it should scrape correctly? By "wrong artwork" do you mean the wrong poster is scraped and associated with a completely different title OR of the many posters available for a title you prefer something different than what is scraped for you?

You have poster.jpg's. Where did they come from and what is wrong with them? You say "Kodi does not get the artwork that is in the directory". Do you mean Kodi does not display the artwork (poster) in the library OR Kodi couldn't get them so you got them someplace else and you don't want to do that manually?

There should be no difference scraping a title be it a DVD or a Blu-ray. It's inconsequential.

Replacing artwork in the folders is done through Kodi. If you select a different poster.jpg for example, it will overwrite your existing poster.jpg without the need to go in the folder and do it by hand. Artwork downloader add-on is very efficient at this, all done within Kodi. I actually prefer posters that the movie database scrapes and rarely want to select anything that didn't default. This you chose or can choose when adding your blu -ray source to the Kodi library.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Have a read through the Artwork wiki pages. Also click on links to Movie Artwork for specific instructions... http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork

Quote:I read the naming convention article
Which article is this? Could you give me a link, so I can check it is accurate.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Brazen1,

the information source is from the program myMovies. www.MYmovies.dk. it cataloged all my movies saved the poster art,folder art,generated the NFO's for kodi my movies even has a scaper in kodi's add on. what Kodi is doing is very inconsistent. DVD's it reads the correct art work from the file folder.jpg displays the correct cover art. but, with BLu ray titles that have the same jpg files Kodi will sometimes put the correct cover art in the thumbnail sometimes it put fanart in the thumbnails and sometime it crops banner art to use in the thumbnails. it is totally Inconsistent. The thumbnails that I am referring to are the ones where you are viewing your titles in the infowall view.

is there a way to erase all the cover art and start over?
Karellen here is what I followed

http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork
Quote:is there a way to erase all the cover art and start over?
Yes, The quickest way is by following the instructions here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Delete_textures13.db

This will delete ALL artwork- Music, Music Videos, TV Shows, Movies, Add-ons, Pictures. It will not touch artwork saved in other locations such as with your movies.

The Movie Artwork page is current. It was created only a few weeks ago.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, I use the easiest most conventional hands free way of populating artwork. I set tmdb as my scraper when adding a movie source. When that source and new titles are scanned in, tmdb retrieves the artwork. 0 - 1 settings in that scraper have a value based on user ratings. I think mine is set at 5. Artwork ratings of at least 5, starting with 5 default. In the event I simply prefer another artwork (rarely), I manually make my own selection using artwork downloader within the info page of a title shown as 'select artwork'. Once I select a replacement, it overwrites what ever was in the movie folder previously. All the manual replacing is done within Kodi. I don't have to go do anything other than make the selection. All this scraping requires no handling by me at all. When a new title scans in, Kodi and selected scraper do the rest. So that it never takes it upon itself and makes changes to my artwork, I've selected prefer local artwork in it's settings. When someone uses alternative 3rd party scrapers and manually has to intervene one way or another, unless they are dedicated to the method, they are asking for problems imo. Importing previously scraped artwork from other programs is also a learning curve I can't help you with although I've read it's possible. How easy that might be is another story? Because you have foreign artwork, it MIGHT not be compatible with Kodi. I've had this happen and decided to just delete all of it and start fresh. I brought up the drive the drive in windows, did a search for 'poster.jpg', waited for the search to show all the files, and deleted them in one swoop. Then I did a search for disc.png for example, and got rid of those, and so on. Then did a scrape as described above making sure all my settings were perfect before starting. Try this on a few titles and see how you like it. If you don't like the results, no great loss. If you do, you know what needs to be done. That or research how to import what you have. Fwiw, I don't use nfo's either. What the scraper provides is plenty for me. I couldn't imagine hand editing those. As long as you don't 'Export' your library, they won't recreate and possibly screw more up. However, they are handy for remembering things in the event you completely rebuild for what ever reason. Like watched/unwatched, last viewed, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wrong poster Art not showing up for Blu Ray disc0