DTS Master Audio not outputting to receiver, just DTS
I searched the forum and didn't see this specifically addressed. When I play an mkv file with DTS HD Master Audio through Windows Media Player, it shows up on my receiver as a DTS HD Master Audio source. But when I play that same mkv in Kodi, it only shows up as DTS on my receiver.

I have the most recent build of Kodi (17.3) running on a Windows 10 PC with a GTX 1080 connected to an Onkyo TX-NR616 Receiver via HDMI.

I've been through the audio settings menu on expert mode and clicked on the options to allow audio passthrough with DTS functionality. During my forum search, I saw a thread where it was mentioned that the option to enable DTS HD MA passthrough was removed, but I assume it's triggered by default with the "DTS Capable Receiver" option. If not, is there another way to activate the DTS HD MA passthrough?

I hope I've provided enough information to receive help. Thanks in advance.
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-08-05, 01:27)nickr Wrote: Debug log (wiki)

Got it. Should I post the link here or send it to you? Is there any reason not to post the link to the log?
Once you upload the log to a public Pastebin site, copy the link (the entire address in the address bar) and paste it into a message here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-05, 05:48)Karellen Wrote: Once you upload the log to a public Pastebin site, copy the link (the entire address in the address bar) and paste it into a message here.

Is that okay?
Yes thanks.

Try setting your audio to the wasapi device, not the directsound one.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-08-05, 06:19)nickr Wrote: Yes thanks.

Oh wow that totally worked, thanks so much!

If you don't mind, can you explain why it worked? What is the difference between directsound and wasapi? And awesome that you helped, I really appreciate it.
Hey no problem helping, but the technicalities of windows are beyond me.
(2017-08-05, 06:28)nickr Wrote: Hey no problem helping, but the technicalities of windows are beyond me.

Haha! Alright, no problem Wink
(2017-08-05, 06:25)newkod20 Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 06:19)nickr Wrote: Yes thanks.

Oh wow that totally worked, thanks so much!

If you don't mind, can you explain why it worked? What is the difference between directsound and wasapi? And awesome that you helped, I really appreciate it.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_audio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS Master Audio not outputting to receiver, just DTS0