Win Kodi keeps crashing using Emby
Hi all,

I am on Kodi 17.4 using the Titan skin 3.7.61 and Emby addon. After being on the Emby forum they believe there is no error coming from there addon.

For the last 2-3 weeks I have had an issue with Kodi crashing when I hover over the TV Shows menu it would crash.
Sometimes coming up with ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting.

Kodi Debug Log: https://pastebin.com/iuLVq2Ae
(2017-08-09, 06:46)matty_g_8 Wrote: Hi all,

I am on Kodi 17.4 using the Titan skin 3.7.61 and Emby addon. After being on the Emby forum they believe there is no error coming from there addon.

For the last 2-3 weeks I have had an issue with Kodi crashing when I hover over the TV Shows menu it would crash.
Sometimes coming up with ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting.

Kodi Debug Log: https://pastebin.com/iuLVq2Ae

Are you using a "Next Episodes" widget by any chance? I had this exact same issue and when I removed the "Next Episodes" widget the problem went away immediately. This is the Next Episodes widget available in the "Episodes" section of Skin Helper Widgets. I've been meaning to report it to Marcel in the Titan support forum and keep forgetting about it.

EDIT: Just reported this as a bug on the Titan support forum also. We'll see if Marcel has any thoughts.
Scary that a widget can crash Kodi but I'll take a look at it. Please keep in mind that if I see any banned addons in the log, I won't provide support.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(2017-08-09, 16:49)marcelveldt Wrote: Scary that a widget can crash Kodi but I'll take a look at it. Please keep in mind that if I see any banned addons in the log, I won't provide support.

Thanks Marcel. I'm not the OP, but I posted this in the Titan forum as well. I didn't post a log but I can assure you I have zero banned addons and it happens with my installation (Kodi 17.3, Titan 3.7.61, Windows 10). Outside of addons that come with Titan package and Emby, the only other thing I really have of any note is Super Favourites, which is not involved here.
Looking at this post and the debug log (resource.images.backgroundoverlays.basic) and the next line pops up one of the few errors which might be related to skin widgets. Of course, the logic is, if you don't use Emby do you still get a crash? Perhaps entertain another skin?
(2017-08-09, 16:49)marcelveldt Wrote: Scary that a widget can crash Kodi but I'll take a look at it. Please keep in mind that if I see any banned addons in the log, I won't provide support.

Yes it seems to be only when there is a next episode widget, The other thing I realized is this doesn't happen on any of your other Titans views except windows 10 layout.

Tried netflix with the same widgets and get no issue.

I don't believe I have any banned addons
Ah Thanks for the additional info, so it's only happening with the windows 10 layout?

(2017-08-22, 14:59)marcelveldt Wrote: Ah Thanks for the additional info, so it's only happening with the windows 10 layout?

Hi Marcel, yes that seems to be the case, and it seems it can happen with any TV shows/episodes widget (but not necessarily every time). Just as a test, I switched to the vertical menu layout and added the "Next Episodes" widget to my "TV Shows" home menu item. I can navigate to it with no issues. Then I switched to the Windows 10 layout and as soon as I navigated to the "TV Shows" home menu item, Kodi crashed. Hope that helps.
OK, I can't reproduce the issue on my setup...
Would it be possible for you to create a skinbackup and send that to me so I can test with your exact settings ?
You can create a skinbackup file if you go to Skin Settings --> Backup & Restore --> Create backup of skin settings
The output file will by default be stored in Kodi's user data\addon_data folder but you can change that setting if you eter the settings of the Skin Helper backup add-on.
At work right now, but will get you something when I get home later.
Hi Marcel, you have a PM from me with a link to my skin backup. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi keeps crashing using Emby0