• 11(current)
v19 Video ScreenSaver
Yes, You'd like to have random seek position on startup? Easy enough to add... just need to find the time Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2024-02-20, 21:17)Lunatixz Wrote: Yes, You'd like to have random seek position on startup? Easy enough to add... just need to find the time Smile
As an option (because I don't want to assume everybody uses long videos), yes. It would be great.
Thanks a lot for looking into this (whenever you'll find the time).
Much appreciated, as always.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-02-21, 19:39)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-02-20, 21:17)Lunatixz Wrote: Yes, You'd like to have random seek position on startup? Easy enough to add... just need to find the time Smile
As an option (because I don't want to assume everybody uses long videos), yes. It would be great.
Please test v.1.1.4 let me know if this is what you wanted...
(2024-03-28, 17:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
Thank you so much for looking into this. I am currently abroad, in around ten days, maybe earlier, I will be back home and I will test this straight away. Thanks again.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
It works if I activate the Random Seek functionality. I don't know how the previous video screensaver managed to avoid seeking and going straight to a random point in the video. Obviously it works the way you set it up but maybe you're curious to know as well. :-)

I also don't understand what the Random Position is for.
(2024-04-04, 17:07)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-02-21, 19:39)ashlar Wrote: As an option (because I don't want to assume everybody uses long videos), yes. It would be great.
It works if I activate the Random Seek functionality. I don't know how the previous video screensaver managed to avoid seeking and going straight to a random point in the video. Obviously it works the way you set it up but maybe you're curious to know as well. :-)

I also don't understand what the Random Position is for.

Random Seek changes the start time for the playing video.
Random Position has multiple actions: parses files in a random order, shuffles all playlists and starts playback at a random position.
(2024-04-04, 20:16)Lunatixz Wrote: Random Position has multiple actions: parses files in a random order, shuffles all playlists and starts playback at a random position.

Meaning random position within the playlists, not the single video file chosen, correct? Otherwise it follows, I guess, alphabetic order in any given directory.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video ScreenSaver3