Kodi as UWP with Windows Firewall
Ever since I installed Kodi as a UWP (from the Windows Store rather than downloading and installing manually) it auto-updates which is great for my media server since I don't need to worry about having to do this myself.

HOWEVER, every time an update happens - which can be fairly frequently around RCs - the Windows Firewall box pops up asking if it should be trusted. Typically Windows Firewall works on either a (set of) port(s) or a program but with UWP each new release looks like a new program so it needs to confirm all is ok.

The problem, of course, is that a media server PC doesn't have a keyboard and mouse attached and the screen goes blank after a while with UAC activated. So the only option I have is to plug in a monitor and deal with it by hand, or use VNC/Remote Desktop.

Does anyone know of a way around this? I've been looking at Group Policy as a way to ensure specific apps are allowed through the firewall but I can't see a way to do it with UWP ones.
I know this is no help to your question but I think this problem must be unique to the Windows Store version of Kodi.
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a Luddite and still download my Kodi from Kodi.tv so can't comment on the specific issue but I have never had Windows Firewall ask if if any app I've downloaded from there should be trusted, some of which seem to update far more often than our beloved Kodi.
Thread moved to the Windows section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-08-15, 18:42)stammie Wrote: I know this is no help to your question but I think this problem must be unique to the Windows Store version of Kodi.
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a Luddite and still download my Kodi from Kodi.tv so can't comment on the specific issue but I have never had Windows Firewall ask if if any app I've downloaded from there should be trusted, some of which seem to update far more often than our beloved Kodi.

I'm very sure it's specific to the Windows Store version because of the auto-update nature of UWP.
Maybe just disable UAC...?
(2017-08-16, 07:58)k4sh1n Wrote: Maybe just disable UAC...?

Given it's effectively an unattended PC I thought about this and then realised it was a very bad idea! A few open ports and a virus and the rest of my network is in trouble....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi as UWP with Windows Firewall0