My kodi player unable to detect external hdd
Good day!
I have my kodi media player, used for one year and never updated.it can read 1 tera ext hdd.but as of now, it cannot detect my ext hdd when directly using kodi player,but you can play movies using kodi you'll just have to acces it using file manager in home menu.You can also play movie using the media player in home menu.

My hdd system format is ntfs,kodi ver is 16 not upgdaded.my hdd use an enclosure dual bay dock.yes i can read n write with other machine(pc win 7)

Kindly need help

Thank you
What file system format is your external hard drive using? Can you read the drive on other machines? What hardware are you using to run Kodi? What OS are you running it on?

If you want help, you need to give detailed information. Not just that you're using Kodi.

Sent from my SM-N910G
Thread moved to OS independent for lack of any useful information.

Please give details of your device (make, model, OS and version, Kodi version used) plus details of the external drive.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
File format ntfs,yes i can read n write on other machine(pc win 7)kodi ver 16 only never upgrade.my hardisk is place on a dual bay dock hdd enclosure.it just the kodi player cannot detect and browse the hdd.

Thank you all for your response
What device are you running Kodi on where it is not detected? The same Win7 machine, or somewhere else?

If you go to the videos > files menu, can you see it there?

Is the dock usb powered or externally powered?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Im using MXIII player,no video files in the file menu even the folder.as i said i need to access the file manager in the home screen to see the files using filexplorer and use the kodi player.i cannot even skip file play,stop,forward,reverse only.once the file was ended,it goes back to folexplorer.the dock has externall power

Also in the setting storage you can see the total space 0 available space is 0, but you can unmount and mount the external hdd.

I only bought this media player for my son,watching cartoons. It can read mkv file and it can even browse in the internet without using pc. Our tv was an old model,not capable of reading pictures and movies.

Thank you
If it came with Kodi pre-installed (especially if it came with banned addons (wiki) also pre-installed, as I've seen several sites doing so for that box) then you may want to try reinstalling fresh from the play store if your box has Android 5.0 or higher on it. Their customisations may have screwed things up somehow.

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you very much darrenhill.i guess i will try that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My kodi player unable to detect external hdd0