Failure Playback Controls DVR-MS Files
Hi,

first of all thank you very much to everybody who is involved in that great KODI Project!!! I'm a new KODI User and moved right now from Windows Media Center, used since 2007 with VISTA, because it will be not longer surpported by MICROSOFT in W10. And here my Problem starts:

Problem
-----------
I can't correct move in the movie during playback

Details
---------
When I want to move during Playback (jump, FF, RW, Mouse in Timeline etc.) the Playback jumps apparently to a random Point in the movie, far away what I controlled. I can't use correctly any Control during Playback. Doesn't matter if using Remote Control, Keyboard or Mouse in Timeline.

Regularities about failure
---------------------------------
It seems to be a "Gap-Problem". When starting the movie (TC 00:00) and I do a "Cursor-Jump" (10s Forward) the movie will jump for example to TC 5:40. That means the "Gap-Problem" for that movie is 5:30 (0s + 10s + 5:30 = 5:40). When I want to move for example to 30:00 I must enter the TC 24:30 (30:00 minus 5:30) to move around the TC 30:00. Another workaround for finding the Gap is to move somewhere in the middle of the movie and than try to move to the beginning. The Cursor will never move before the first Gap. In that case 5:30. Another regularity is that if I want to move Forward the movie jumps always in Gap distances (5:30, 11:00, 16:30 etc.). That Gap is different in every movie. Mostly the Gap is between 5 and 10 minutes. Clicking with the mouse in the Timeline will also only move to the nearest Gap Point like 5:30, 11:00, 16:30 etc.

My Problem is that I have a huge movie archive of around 4000 movies in that format.

Maybe some help to find a solution?
------------------------------------------------
Maybe it has something to do with Preroll Time of the Recording? All my Recordings were regular DVB-T recordings from german TV. No DRM. All of them were edited with free "DVR-MS Editor" Tool of Stephen Toub. Most of this recordings have a preroll recording time of 5-10 minutes which were cutted away. Maybe there is a coherence? Unfortunatly I have no originally DVR-MS Recordings to confirm. If you need more information about the program let me know. It seems to be hard to find today information about because the Software is old, but I have still have it in my software Archive.

It will probably help if you have one of that movies for testing. I can provide an example movie at my Server. I don't want to offer a link in a public forum. So, if you have more "hidden" abilities like an eMail adress let me know.

Other Specs & Information
-----------------------------------
I'm using Kodi 17.3. Same failure at 3 other KODI PCs/Notebooks, all of them with W10 Pro 64bit and KODI 17.3. No Problem at all with that files with Windows Media Center.

Thanks a lot for help, Stephan
Can nobody help me?

Here is a link with one of my around 4000 "Failure-Playback-Controls-Movies" and a KODI Log:

www.av-biz.net/download/kodidvrms

Thanks a lot for help!!!
That's not a Debug log (wiki).
Thanks for the info about the Debug log. Until now I just knew the "Normal Log". So, here is the Debug Log (hope everything is correct):
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25811371

I started the movie and then I jumped a little bit forward and backward during Playback and then I closed KODI. Please remember that KODI with that files will always:
1. Jumps forward even if I jump backwards
2. All jumps are ca. 5 minutes, even I pushed "Jump-Button" once ("10s jump")

That happens with 3 different KODI installations at 3 different PCs. Same will (probably) happen to you if you download the movie at my provided link.

Thanks for help!!!
Any News about my Problem?
I don't think there is a problem with Kodi, just a problem with your use of the Skipping function.

See the wiki here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_Step#Time_skipping

You are using... Skip the specified amount

But you want to use... Skip to a specific time mark

You might have to remap your remote control keys to get the desired function
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for help but that is not the Problem. TS and MKV works fine. 3 examples to show the Problem:

1. Using "Skip Step"
Movie starts 0:00:00. Pressing once Skip step Forward Timeline should jump to 0:00:10. With These DVR-MS movies it jumps e.g. to 0:05:40 (differs a bit from movie to movie). The Gap is 5:30 (0:00:00 + 00:10 + 5:30 = 5:40)

2. Using "Skip with Timecode Input"
Movie starts 0:00:00. I type e.g. 3:00. Usually the Timeline moves to 0:03:00. With These DVR-MS movies it jumps e.g. to 0:08:30 (differs a bit from movie to movie). Again the Gap is 5:30 (0:00:00 + 03:00 + 5:30 = 8:30)

Clicking in Timeline works not correct too.

I know it is a little bit confusing. Please download the movie from Link above and then you will probably understand the Problem a bit better.
The timestamps in your file are totally broken.
You have to fix your file.
Thank you for your Post Rechi but they can't be "totally broken", because all other compatible DVR-MS Player (Windows Media Center VISTA and W7, Media Player W7) will work fine with these files. Could you explain how did you see that these files have corrupt timestamps? Maybe it helps to find a solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failure Playback Controls DVR-MS Files0