Can i change Kodi software logo as it is open source
Lightbulb 
hello gents,

it is not that we want to take other's people work and name it to our name no but we want to re-brand kodi to our logo but keep "Powered by Kodi" as slogan under our logo so we want to check if this can be done while Kodi is an open source application.

we want this to be official deal with Kodi team so please someone to contact us.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
(2017-08-16, 22:41)Jeroen Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

can you help in terms of rebranding
It all depends on if you are going to make modifications, and if so which ones. Did you read the policy I linked to? Because section 4 definitely touches the subject of (re)branding. If that's unclear, you're going to have to make your question and goals more specific. And when in doubt contact team Kodi at contact@kodi.tv

In any case this isn't related to skin development, hopefully a mod can move this to the appropriate subforum.
You are more than welcome to rebrand, so long as any changes you makes are available per the GPL.
(2017-08-16, 22:36)hsabrey Wrote: we want to re-brand kodi to our logo but keep "Powered by Kodi" as slogan under our logo.
Aaccording to Kodi's trademark policy you are wekcome to completly rebrand without asking, meaning you remove all trade of the Kodi name and logos. But if you like to have a "Powered by Kodi" there then you will have to gain official permission first, which is something that you will likley not get if your usage are in anyway illegal, related to piracy or content copyright breach.
if it's not just for internal usage and you distribute (and especially sell) the rebranded Kodi version, we'd like to ask you to also not use our repositories and server infrastructure but setup your own infrastructure, as it's not fair to make money out of an open source project and in addition cause extra costs for the project by using their infrastructure

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can i change Kodi software logo as it is open source0