Random pops on music playback- RPi3/LibreElec/NAS
I have started getting random popping sounds during music playback on the family system. The setup is LibreElec (Kodi 17.3) on RPi3 with music sources on a NAS drive set up as NFS share. The odd thing is I'm sure it was not doing this before, and as far as I know I have not changed anything.

My one new thing is trying out Chorus the web interface on a PC on the network. Could that cause random process delays and hence popping? Anyone have any similar experiences?

I'll get into full testing, logs etc. over the weekend, but meanwhile just putting the question out there.
No immediate ideas.
Do you get popping in the audio of videos?
Are you connected with wired ethernet or wireless?
I'm reasonably sure that running Chorus (web interface) was to blame, at least it has not happend again with it off. I need to do more tests.

Didn't notice any pops on video, then again I don't listen as carefully and I was not running Chorus while watching. Connection is wired 1GB ethernet.

This does raise the question of why would this be an issue? I use Android apps like Kore and Yatse all the time, and have never noticed pops. I thought Chorus was just another thing doing JSON calls, but is it doing lots more than those apps, enough to interrupt buffering? Obviously something to raise with the author(s).

Anyone else using the web interface to control Kodi?
Might be interesting to look at cpu load when playing music, both with and without using chorus.
Try watching with top or milhouse's bcmstat to see if higher cpu corresponds with the pops.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random pops on music playback- RPi3/LibreElec/NAS0