Bug DPMS freeze KODI
Hi all,
I have experimented some strange behaviour enabling DPMS function on my Libreelec with KODI Krypton.

Two similar scenarios:
1. powersafe enabled with DPMS
2. DPMS forced via command (toggleDPMS)

In the scenario 1, sometimes (quite rarely) when KODI go in powersafe and is positioned in NON-HOME windows, the system completly freeze.

In scenario 2 (forcing DPMS from command) I have the same freeze but in this case is fairly frequent.
I can reproduce (and make it quite systematic) using the EventService interface and:

1) positiong KODI (for example) in Music windows
2) send a toggleDPMS command and immediately afterwards the command ActivateWindow(10000)

I never see the same issue when KODI is positioned on HOME window
Please provide a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,
this the logs link (http://sprunge.us/SbcL) and a bit summary on the test:

- Libreelec with Kodi 17.3
- Fresh reboot of the system
- Select the browsing menu under Music context
- Sent UDP command on EventService interface

From log:

- 09:35:47.950 T:139893167777536 --> sent command toggleDPMS
- 09:35:48.877 T:139894005606528 --> sent command ActivateWindow(10000)
- and ... another command toggleDPMS but the system apparently not handle the command

BR
I think the hdmi disconnects completely - which is not a kodi issue ... try drm.debug=0xe for the kernel command line then we see via ssh what the kernel thinks happens. Also xorg.conf might be relevant.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi all,
this the output of dmesg with DRM debug enabled (http://sprunge.us/gFCV)
I have also enabled verbose log on Xorg and I have opened two tail -f command on Xorg log and kernel log but I have not seen any new logs during the test on DPMS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DPMS freeze KODI0