Solved Fanart showing up
How come my older movies show fanart instead of poster ? I use ember so my folder has both with Kodi 17.3 Windows
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Need more information. Screenshots will help
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This wiki should help Artwork (wiki) my folders have both 'fanart' and 'posters' that do show up. A few years ago there was a switch from using folder.jpg to poster.jpg and at that time there was conversion software in a new installation, but that's way back and if you didn't update at the time, your system might have images in the older format. A manual refresh and pathing to the local artwork should integrate. This wiki Naming video files/TV shows (wiki) should spell out how the artwork is to be named.

I would suggest to just put all this aside and configure Artwork Downloader, and enjoy a global refresh. OTH: without a lot of information in your post and no debug log, it's possible that you have a naming issue and the scraper isn't finding anything, then Kodi is using default images from the actual video as artwork?
(2017-08-19, 02:24)PatK Wrote: This wiki should help Artwork (wiki) my folders have both 'fanart' and 'posters' that do show up. A few years ago there was a switch from using folder.jpg to poster.jpg and at that time there was conversion software in a new installation, but that's way back and if you didn't update at the time, your system might have images in the older format. A manual refresh and pathing to the local artwork should integrate. This wiki Naming video files/TV shows (wiki) should spell out how the artwork is to be named.

I would suggest to just put all this aside and configure Artwork Downloader, and enjoy a global refresh. OTH: without a lot of information in your post and no debug log, it's possible that you have a naming issue and the scraper isn't finding anything, then Kodi is using default images from the actual video as artwork?

Well one mistake on my part thinking its using the fanart ! Its not after further review its image taken by Kodi from the film. It does not match the fanart. So that being said it still makes know sense and these are new movies I am adding to my library with just nfo , fanart and poster.

I have several kodis running I just checked a movie on my OSMC it shows nothing and on my Windows it shows a clip from the movie.

Viva Las Vegas (1964)
Viva Las Vegas (1964) .nfo
Viva Las Vegas (1964) -poster.jpg
Viva Las Vegas (1964) -fanart.jpg
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
Ensure you have these new libs or greater.

TMDB 3.9.5
TMDB tvshows 1.3.6
TMDB common library 2.16.0
TVDB 1.8.5

A debug log when scraping should turn up what is transpiring. It's possible 'ember' is creating incorrect meta-data or you haven't scraped in the local meta-data into the library. A re-scrape with scrapers set would prove this out, and first gather information locally, and if the information wasn't read, scrape directly.
(2017-08-21, 16:22)PatK Wrote: Ensure you have these new libs or greater.

TMDB 3.9.5
TMDB tvshows 1.3.6
TMDB common library 2.16.0
TVDB 1.8.5

A debug log when scraping should turn up what is transpiring. It's possible 'ember' is creating incorrect meta-data or you haven't scraped in the local meta-data into the library. A re-scrape with scrapers set would prove this out, and first gather information locally, and if the information wasn't read, scrape directly.

I removed 44 movies out of the library deleted all the info and rescanned it with the latest Ember and they now show up. So you are correct it was the old Ember that was causing the problem ! So it was not a KODI problem
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart showing up0