Music Tags Being Ignored?
(2017-08-20, 07:38)hurricane51 Wrote: Kodi seems to have changed which audio tag that it uses for the Artist information when the listing is in Artist view. This has caused a pretty big problem for me.

All of my music is tagged properly, and I choose to make Artist and Album Artist the same. I did this to address a problem when an artist plays with different groups. It's particularly a problem with jazz albums.

For example, I want all Art Blakey albums to show as a single artist when the list is by artist. But I get Art Blakey, Art Blakey Quintet, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, etc. as different artists. All of the songs in all of the Art Blakey albums have Artist and Album Artist tags as Art Blakey. I've tried different skins with the same results. This worked fine under previous versions of KODI.
Krypton still uses the artist and album artist music file tags as before. If both tags are set as "Art Blakey", for example, that is what you should see. So I'm not sure what is happening here, but I will try to figure it out.

With "Prefer online information" disabled the scraper can not make any changes to song or album artist, so it is not that.

Seeing the tagging would make matters much clearer.

Possibly the easiest way forward is if you could upload an example music file that is showing the wrong artists, and PM me a link. I obviously want to respect the copyright etc., and will delete the file once I have seen the tags.

Otherwise I looking at the tags with Mp3tag, and sending a screenshot of the extended tag display (alt+T), showing as full a list of tags as possible. BTW tagging tools tend to have their own names for each tag, so what you have reported so far doesn't really help me much.

But also a different approach...
You are seeing Art Blakey, Art Blakey Quintet, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, etc. as different artists in the artists node. Could it be that Kodi has always got these song artists from your tagging, but that you had displaying them turned off, and now the default setting is to show them?

The setting previously and inaccurately called "Include artists who only appear on compilations", now called "Show song and album artists". Is that enabled? Does disabling it give you what you want?

Messages In This Thread
Music Tags Being Ignored? - by hurricane51 - 2017-08-20, 07:38
RE: Music Tags Being Ignored? - by Karellen - 2017-08-20, 07:39
RE: Music Tags Being Ignored? - by DaveBlake - 2017-08-20, 16:09
RE: Music Tags Being Ignored? - by DaveBlake - 2017-08-21, 13:59
RE: Music Tags Being Ignored? - by scott967 - 2017-08-21, 23:24
RE: Music Tags Being Ignored? - by DaveBlake - 2017-08-22, 08:46
RE: Music Tags Being Ignored? - by DaveBlake - 2017-08-24, 09:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Tags Being Ignored?0