Device Media-center
(2017-08-22, 21:10)marck120 Wrote: A quick question between the Minix Neo U1, WeTek Play 2, the odroid c2, Vero 4k, which has the most powerful hardware ? There is also the MINIX NEO U9-H but it costs too much.

Define "powerful" because that is a very open ended question ?
Which exact "powerful" features do you actually need ?

Because the devices above (except the U9-H) are all either AML S905's or in the Vero 4K's case a AML S905X.

Powerful is only good if you actually use the features on a particular box. What is most important for each individual user.
Otherwise you turn into a Tech Specs bloodhound, willing to compromise on features just so you can buy something with bigger Tech numbers and fancier specs.

See this Tech Specs AMLogic post

Some devices offer extra Operating Systems. The Play2 for example you can choose from tablet Android, unofficial Android TV and then Dual Boot very easily to LibreELEC Kodi Krypton. There is even a TV Tuner thrown into the mix for lite PVR use, Plus you get included DRM for copy protected Android Apps video streaming.

As I said before - "Powerful" if you are talking Android only devices = NVIDIA Shield

(2017-08-22, 23:00)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 21:10)marck120 Wrote: A quick question between the Minix Neo U1, WeTek Play 2, the odroid c2, Vero 4k, which has the most powerful hardware ? There is also the MINIX NEO U9-H but it costs too much.

Define "powerful" because that is a very open ended question ?
Which exact "powerful" features do you actually need ?

Because the devices above (except the U9-H) are all either AML S905's or in the Vero 4K's case a AML S905X.

Powerful is only good if you actually use the features on a particular box. What is most important for each individual user.
Otherwise you turn into a Tech Specs bloodhound, willing to compromise on features just so you can buy something with bigger Tech numbers and fancier specs.

See this Tech Specs AMLogic post

Some devices offer extra Operating Systems. The Play2 for example you can choose from tablet Android, unofficial Android TV and then Dual Boot very easily to LibreELEC Kodi Krypton. There is even a TV Tuner thrown into the mix for lite PVR use, Plus you get included DRM for copy protected Android Apps video streaming.

As I said before - "Powerful" if you are talking Android only devices = NVIDIA Shield

Thanks to infinite availability and explanations, when I talk about hardware power I refer to cpu, gpu, and ram, if the hardware is unlikely, maybe the full hd and 4k video are shot and slowed down, navigation between the menus is slow. I checked the Benchmarks you posted to me, the Amlogic S905 and the Amlogic S905X are the same, the Minix Neo U9-H with the S912 is a bit more powerful, but I was not advised to take the S912: "Do not buy any AMLogic S912 for LibreELEC use!" ODROID-C2 also has the same hardware, Amlogic ARM® Cortex®-A53, Mali ™ -450 GPU: http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...5457216438

Why is the S912 not compatible with LibreELEC ?

Yes, the NVIDIA Shield is the top of the android boxes but it costs too much.

Between the Play2 and the Minix Neo U1 which one should take ? The Minix Neo U1 may have a higher design quality, the Minix Neo U1's software is obsolete.
(2017-08-23, 14:18)marck120 Wrote: Why is the S912 not compatible with LibreELEC ?
Re-Read this Post and follow the S912 link within it:

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options

(2017-08-23, 14:25)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-08-23, 14:18)marck120 Wrote: Why is the S912 not compatible with LibreELEC ?
Re-Read this Post and follow the S912 link within it:

Okay, thanks a lot I read here:

"For S905x OSMC / LibreELEC - There is only experimental HDR support at the moment.

AMLogic S912 hardware works with LibreELEC but you will have to put up with noticable code display user interface display due to poor GPU video drivers. This does not look like it will be fixed soon - See HERE for details.
There is also picture tearing during Software decoded video playback. For audio output and when using hardware video decoding, playback is the same as the S905X chipset devices with no picture tearing. "

Between the Play2 and the Minix Neo U1 which one should buy ?
What Operating System ?

Are Wireless integrated remotes important ?

DRM Android Streaming Apps ?

So which set of features exactly are important ?

If you do not need WiFi then the Play2 is better value and slightly faster when running Android due to Android Marshmallow Firmware vs Lollipop only on the U1.
All the Play2 really needs is a Wireless remote like the MINIX U1's to complete the package. You also have to use @Ricardo's Firmware patches to iron out some bugs with the Play2 MM Firmware. Easily done. @Ricardo puts out a pretty nice ATV ROM for the Play2. Smile

MINIX U1 has the better Wireless remote control and better WiFi. Higher quality packaged hardware too.

Kodi Krypton running on Android Lollipop has a few issues too.

(2017-08-23, 14:46)wrxtasy Wrote: What Operating System ?

Are Wireless integrated remotes important ?

DRM Android Streaming Apps ?

So which set of features exactly are important ?

If you do not need WiFi then the Play2 is better value and slightly faster when running Android due to Android Marshmallow Firmware vs Lollipop only on the U1.
All the Play2 really needs is a Wireless remote like the MINIX U1's to complete the package. You also have to use @Ricardo's Firmware patches to iron out some bugs with the Play2 MM Firmware. Easily done. @Ricardo puts out a pretty nice ATV ROM for the Play2. Smile

MINIX U1 has the better Wireless remote control and better WiFi. Higher quality packaged hardware too.

Kodi Krypton running on Android Lollipop has a few issues too.

I have to use the box exclusively with LibreELEC.

Yes, the wireless remote is very important, it is important that it has good reception and a great design quality.

I am interested in software stability and constructive quality, the whole system has to turn fluidly.

Regarding the functions, it is very important, I want to pilot LibreELEC with the buttons on the remote control, stop, play, back, back etc.

Android DRM streaming applications do not know what they are.

Wifi is important, I do not know if I really need it, I have a Windows 10 shared folder on the network, the folder contains all the video files, but I do not understand if LibreELEC reads files shared through LAN or wifi ? If streaming files shared via Lan is wifi becomes less important.
If it is only LibreELEC you want with strong AC WiFi then get a MINIX U1 and throw LibreELEC on it.

You can even install LE into faster internal eMMC Flash storage once LE is running from a microSDHC card if you want.

LibreELEC will boot straight into Kodi, so whatever Kodi can do, LAN, WiFi etc it will suit your needs.

At this stage in the thread I'm to dizzy to respond further . We are now going around and around in circles because all that info is already contained in..

Android DRM = copy protection for Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO etc - paid for video streaming.

(2017-08-23, 15:54)wrxtasy Wrote: If it is only LibreELEC you want with strong AC WiFi then get a MINIX U1 and throw LibreELEC on it.

You can even install LE into faster internal eMMC Flash storage once LE is running from a microSDHC card if you want.

LibreELEC will boot straight into Kodi, so whatever Kodi can do, LAN, WiFi etc it will suit your needs.

At this stage in the thread I'm to dizzy to respond further . We are now going around and around in circles because all that info is already contained in..

Android DRM = copy protection for Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO etc - paid for video streaming.

Thanks for all the explanations.

By installing LibreELEC on the internal eMMC memory, the android operating system would be erased, what I understand android is installed on the internal eMMC memory.

I've read the post you showed me, of course i translated it with google.

EDIT :

I wanted to report this android box I found: https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-t8s-plus...5bade97baf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Device Media-center0