Device Media-center
(2017-08-21, 10:31)marck120 Wrote: Thanks for the explanations, you have been very kind.

Can you install LibreELEC on MINIX U1 ? Through the play store ?

The internal eMMC memories are already integrated into all android boxes, when you talk about installing LibreELEC on the android boxes I did not understand what system.

Anyway, I have a network shared folder on windows 10, sharing samba, does the kodi see the shared folder via the Lan connection ?

Playstore install No.

Sharing with Win10 - yes.

There was already a wealth of info and detailed DIY instructions regarding AMLogic LibreELEC installs over here:

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options

Hint: read Step (d)

(2017-08-21, 10:47)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-08-21, 10:31)marck120 Wrote: Thanks for the explanations, you have been very kind.

Can you install LibreELEC on MINIX U1 ? Through the play store ?

The internal eMMC memories are already integrated into all android boxes, when you talk about installing LibreELEC on the android boxes I did not understand what system.

Anyway, I have a network shared folder on windows 10, sharing samba, does the kodi see the shared folder via the Lan connection ?

Playstore install No.

Sharing with Win10 - yes.

There was already a wealth of info and detailed DIY instructions regarding AMLogic LibreELEC installs over here:

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options

Hint: read Step (d)

I think I understand, in practice I have two systems, android that starts on internal memory and LibreELEC installed on SD card, at startup I can check if you go to android or LibreELEC, since LibreELEC is installed on SD card I think this The procedure will not invalidate the warranty. A 16 GB SD card I think is enough. The following procedure I think is this: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5556-h...12-device/, I certainly have to study it, English does not help, if there had been a video tutorial would be better.

Regarding the sharing with windows 10 I was referring to Lan not wifi. The cable connection is much more stable.
(2017-08-20, 16:54)marck120 Wrote: Hi, sorry for my English, I look for a media-center device to use with kodi or openelec, resistant, built with quality materials, I have to stream in local network, I have a PC with a shared folder on the network, so I need good wifi, I need a good Remote control to interact with kodi, so a remote control suitable for media-center use with all buttons, stop, back, back, play etc.

If you're already using a PC I like using a "Windows Media Center" remote. There are a lot of different ones, but the one I love the best is the HP Media center remote in this Evertek ad (note: I have no affiliation with them, it was one of the few pictures I could find of the exact remote that weren't an ebay ad): https://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?aut...cpc=CMObsc

I don't know about functionality on Windows 10 because I use Xubuntu Linux, but in Xubuntu Linux you just install the LIRC package and select "Windows Media Center remote" and whamo, it works. Media buttons like Pictures, Television, and Movies all work. Another thing I really like is that you can press numbers to get letters when you're trying to spell something out (so you don't have to use the on screen keyboard). #2 for example is ABC. Press number 2 once you get 2, twice you get 'a,' three times you get 'b,' and so on. This can also be really handy as you're scrolling through movies. I can press #8 to jump to the movies that start with T, press it again to jump to U, etc.

Of course you also need the IR receiver and it's a bit clunky. As for media center boxes, I haven't used it with our Zoomtak or MyGica boxes, but I seem to recall it didn't work out of the box with either. I didn't look at resolving the issue since both boxes had their own remotes. If you're sticking to a PC the Media Center remote might be worth a look.
Current KODI box:  Corsair Spec-01, Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3, Intel Core i7-2600, Corsair H60 (2018) AIO Water Cooler, 16GB RAM, 120GB Samsung SSD 840 + 8TB Seagate ST8000VN22-2EL, GeForce GTX 970 Video Card, running Xubuntu 20.04 and connected to a Samsung LN40A330 TV.
(2017-08-21, 20:22)chaslinux Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 16:54)marck120 Wrote: Hi, sorry for my English, I look for a media-center device to use with kodi or openelec, resistant, built with quality materials, I have to stream in local network, I have a PC with a shared folder on the network, so I need good wifi, I need a good Remote control to interact with kodi, so a remote control suitable for media-center use with all buttons, stop, back, back, play etc.

If you're already using a PC I like using a "Windows Media Center" remote. There are a lot of different ones, but the one I love the best is the HP Media center remote in this Evertek ad (note: I have no affiliation with them, it was one of the few pictures I could find of the exact remote that weren't an ebay ad): https://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?aut...cpc=CMObsc

I don't know about functionality on Windows 10 because I use Xubuntu Linux, but in Xubuntu Linux you just install the LIRC package and select "Windows Media Center remote" and whamo, it works. Media buttons like Pictures, Television, and Movies all work. Another thing I really like is that you can press numbers to get letters when you're trying to spell something out (so you don't have to use the on screen keyboard). #2 for example is ABC. Press number 2 once you get 2, twice you get 'a,' three times you get 'b,' and so on. This can also be really handy as you're scrolling through movies. I can press #8 to jump to the movies that start with T, press it again to jump to U, etc.

Of course you also need the IR receiver and it's a bit clunky. As for media center boxes, I haven't used it with our Zoomtak or MyGica boxes, but I seem to recall it didn't work out of the box with either. I didn't look at resolving the issue since both boxes had their own remotes. If you're sticking to a PC the Media Center remote might be worth a look.

I thank you so much for the advice, currently on windows 10 and on ubuntu 16.04 I use this remote, in addition to yatse with android smartphone, I have the IR receiver connected to the motherboard :

The remote control is really fun to set up, it has software that was downloadable from: http://www.hd-plex.com/hdplex-internal-m...ntrol.html

Time ago on forum I opened a discussion about it: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224921, I was advised of a remote control that is beautiful but costs a lot: http://kodi.wiki/view/TiVo_Slide

Do you know if the TiVo remote is compatible with the Minix Neo U1 ?

The remote you advised me I did not know, unfortunately I can not configure LIRC, I tried but for me it is too complicated.

Anyway, I want to abandon kodi on windows 10 and use a dedicated device, for me the ideal is a box ready to use, I like a complete remote control of all the buttons in order to run kodi with commands: stop, back, Back, play etc, I hate the air mouse functions.
I've use the TivoSlidePro (with RF USB receiver dongle) on LibreElec (both on a Chromebox and a Pi3) - but it took a bit of configuration to get it to a situation I liked.
(2017-08-21, 23:22)noggin Wrote: I've use the TivoSlidePro (with RF USB receiver dongle) on LibreElec (both on a Chromebox and a Pi3) - but it took a bit of configuration to get it to a situation I liked.

Thank you so much for the information, if the configuration is very complex unfortunately for me it's a problem, the RF receiver if I'm wrong is sold with the remote control, I did not understand which RF receiver you used.

Regarding the previous discussion I remained with the doubt on the android boxes such as the Minix Neo U1 can you install LibreELEC on SD card ? At the start of the system there are two systems, android and LibreELEC ? A dual boot then.

The following thing I think is this: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5556-h...12-device/, I read that WeTek Play 2 has Already supported for LibreELEC.
(2017-08-22, 00:21)marck120 Wrote:
(2017-08-21, 23:22)noggin Wrote: I've use the TivoSlidePro (with RF USB receiver dongle) on LibreElec (both on a Chromebox and a Pi3) - but it took a bit of configuration to get it to a situation I liked.

Thank you so much for the information, if the configuration is very complex unfortunately for me it's a problem, the RF receiver if I'm wrong is sold with the remote control, I did not understand which RF receiver you used.

The Tivo Slide Pro is sold with and without the USB RF receiver dongle. This is because some Tivos already have an integrated receivers, whilst others don't. (So they sell versions of the remote for both types of receiver - or did when I bought mine)

However it wasn't an 'out of the box' installation - some of the buttons do work initially on LibreElec - but to get them all working nicely took a bit of time. Wouldn't recommend unless you want a learning experience.
(2017-08-22, 02:03)noggin Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 00:21)marck120 Wrote:

The Tivo Slide Pro is sold with and without the USB RF receiver dongle. This is because some Tivos already have an integrated receivers, whilst others don't. (So they sell versions of the remote for both types of receiver - or did when I bought mine)

However it wasn't an 'out of the box' installation - some of the buttons do work initially on LibreElec - but to get them all working nicely took a bit of time. Wouldn't recommend unless you want a learning experience.

Thanks for the explanations. From what I understand, however, the Tivo Slide Pro works with any USB RF receiver. If the configuration of the keys is complicated, it is not for me, especially through lirc which is very difficult to configure. In libreelec (SD memory) installation, I hope the keys of the original box remote control work without needing to be configured.
(2017-08-22, 00:21)marck120 Wrote: Regarding the previous discussion I remained with the doubt on the android boxes such as the Minix Neo U1 can you install LibreELEC on SD card ? At the start of the system there are two systems, android and LibreELEC ? A dual boot then.

The following thing I think is this: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5556-h...12-device/, I read that WeTek Play 2 has Already supported for LibreELEC.
Regular AMLogic Boxes: (all can install LibreELEC and run it from a SD card)

Boots straight into LE every time so long as the SD card is plugged in. Remove SD card and you boot into the internal Android OS.

In @kszaq's distribution of LibreELEC there is also a "Reboot from Internal" Power Menu – Kodi option that reboots the device into the internal Android OS.

WeTek Boxes:

On the bootup WeTek Splash screen, there is an option to hold down the remote control's power button to change between LE and Android. This is then remembered for the next time you bootup so no remote power button needed if you do not want to change Operating Systems. Set and forget. Smile

(2017-08-22, 03:09)marck120 Wrote: Thanks for the explanations. From what I understand, however, the Tivo Slide Pro works with any USB RF receiver. If the configuration of the keys is complicated, it is not for me, especially through lirc which is very difficult to configure. In libreelec (SD memory) installation, I hope the keys of the original box remote control work without needing to be configured.

No - the Tivo Slide Pro only works with the Tivo RF USB receiver, not any others. (This is different to the original Tivo Slide which could be used with Bluetooth - though it wasn't easy)

It doesn't use LIRC as it is not infra-red. From memory I think it uses a HID-style driver - but you need to do some configuration to get an optimum key mapping.
(2017-08-22, 04:55)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 00:21)marck120 Wrote: Regarding the previous discussion I remained with the doubt on the android boxes such as the Minix Neo U1 can you install LibreELEC on SD card ? At the start of the system there are two systems, android and LibreELEC ? A dual boot then.

Boots straight into LE every time so long as the SD card is plugged in. Remove SD card and you boot into the internal Android OS.

In @kszaq's distribution of LibreELEC there is also a "Reboot from Internal" Power Menu – Kodi option that reboots the device into the internal Android OS.

WeTek Boxes:

On the bootup WeTek Splash screen, there is an option to hold down the remote control's power button to change between LE and Android. This is then remembered for the next time you bootup so no remote power button needed if you do not want to change Operating Systems. Set and forget. Smile

(2017-08-22, 11:29)noggin Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 03:09)marck120 Wrote: Thanks for the explanations. From what I understand, however, the Tivo Slide Pro works with any USB RF receiver. If the configuration of the keys is complicated, it is not for me, especially through lirc which is very difficult to configure. In libreelec (SD memory) installation, I hope the keys of the original box remote control work without needing to be configured.

Thank you so much, so on any box with AMLogic CPU you can install LibreELEC on SD card, I discovered this thing with your explanations, the WeTek boxes from what you are explaining are better prepared for the installation of LibreELEC, The system to start by holding down the power button on the remote control is very convenient.

LibreELEC @ kszaq's should be this: https://libraries.io/github/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv, this distribution I think can be installed on android boxes, it seems a great solution since I can choose the system to start off directly From the LibreELEC menu.

No - the Tivo Slide Pro only works with the Tivo RF USB receiver, not any others. (This is different to the original Tivo Slide which could be used with Bluetooth - though it wasn't easy)

It doesn't use LIRC as it is not infra-red. From memory I think it uses a HID-style driver - but you need to do some configuration to get an optimum key mapping.

Thanks a lot, there is only the pro version on amazon: https: //www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? Url = search-alias% 3Daps & field-keywords = Tivo + Slide, if you buy the Minix Neo U1 has Already a good remote control provided, the Tivo Slide should still work on the Minix Neo U1? But how do you configure Tivo ? Does the remote control have specific configuration software ? I also found this but I have no idea if it works on android box: https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-INT-422-U...c=1&refRID= QKC55Q0EF69E3SZKM3DE, but it is IR.
(2017-08-22, 16:30)marck120 Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 04:55)wrxtasy Wrote:

WeTek Boxes:

(2017-08-22, 11:29)noggin Wrote:

Thank you so much, so on any box with AMLogic CPU you can install LibreELEC on SD card, I discovered this thing with your explanations, the WeTek boxes from what you are explaining are better prepared for the installation of LibreELEC, The system to start by holding down the power button on the remote control is very convenient.

LibreELEC @ kszaq's should be this: https://libraries.io/github/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv, this distribution I think can be installed on android boxes, it seems a great solution since I can choose the system to start off directly From the LibreELEC menu.

Thanks a lot, there is only the pro version on amazon: https: //www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? Url = search-alias% 3Daps & field-keywords = Tivo + Slide, if you buy the Minix Neo U1 has Already a good remote control provided, the Tivo Slide should still work on the Minix Neo U1? But how do you configure Tivo ? Does the remote control have specific configuration software ? I also found this but I have no idea if it works on android box: https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-INT-422-U...c=1&refRID= QKC55Q0EF69E3SZKM3DE, but it is IR.

I have no experience of the Tivo Slide Pro with Android - only with LibreElec. If you run LibreElec on your U1 then it will probably work - but you will need to be confident in SSH/SFTP and editing config files. It's a great remote - but not 'out-of-the-box' working.
(2017-08-22, 16:38)noggin Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 16:30)marck120 Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 04:55)wrxtasy Wrote: Regular AMLogic Boxes: (all can install LibreELEC and run it from a SD card)

WeTek Boxes:

(2017-08-22, 11:29)noggin Wrote: Thank you so much, so on any box with AMLogic CPU you can install LibreELEC on SD card, I discovered this thing with your explanations, the WeTek boxes from what you are explaining are better prepared for the installation of LibreELEC, The system to start by holding down the power button on the remote control is very convenient.

I have no experience of the Tivo Slide Pro with Android - only with LibreElec. If you run LibreElec on your U1 then it will probably work - but you will need to be confident in SSH/SFTP and editing config files. It's a great remote - but not 'out-of-the-box' working.

You told me that using Tivo Slide Pro on Chromebox and Pi3, the Tivo Slide has its own box: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TIBFEIA/ref...mS&pf_rd_s= Desktop-rhs-carousels & pf_rd_t = 301 & pd_rd_w = M6L0W & pf_rd_i = Tivo + Slide & pd_rd_r = F1ZTWVHH3TCSHT0NKK41 & psc = 1, SSH / SFTP are network protocols I believe, I did not understand what they have to do with the remote control. The configuration file which one is ?
(2017-08-22, 17:58)marck120 Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 16:38)noggin Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 16:30)marck120 Wrote: Thanks a lot, there is only the pro version on amazon: https: //www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? Url = search-alias% 3Daps & field-keywords = Tivo + Slide, if you buy the Minix Neo U1 has Already a good remote control provided, the Tivo Slide should still work on the Minix Neo U1? But how do you configure Tivo ? Does the remote control have specific configuration software ? I also found this but I have no idea if it works on android box: https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-INT-422-U...c=1&refRID= QKC55Q0EF69E3SZKM3DE, but it is IR.

You told me that using Tivo Slide Pro on Chromebox and Pi3, the Tivo Slide has its own box: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TIBFEIA/ref...mS&pf_rd_s= Desktop-rhs-carousels & pf_rd_t = 301 & pd_rd_w = M6L0W & pf_rd_i = Tivo + Slide & pd_rd_r = F1ZTWVHH3TCSHT0NKK41 & psc = 1, SSH / SFTP are network protocols I believe, I did not understand what they have to do with the remote control. The configuration file which one is ?

Sorry - struggling to understand your link. My point about SSH/SFTP is that you really have to be confident using these tools to access the right files on the LibreElec installation to edit/update them. You can do it without - using SMB - but I find you get better results when you understand more clearly what you are trying to do - and being able to SSH (i.e. remotely log in to a command line) into a LibreElec install means you have a better understanding of the config issues you are trying to solve, particularly if the guides are a little old and things have changed a little.

For more information about specific Tivo Slide Pro config I'd consult the various wikis. I'm afraid I don't have a set-up to hand currently running with that remote - and don't have time to re-install.
(2017-08-22, 18:01)noggin Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 17:58)marck120 Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 16:38)noggin Wrote: I have no experience of the Tivo Slide Pro with Android - only with LibreElec. If you run LibreElec on your U1 then it will probably work - but you will need to be confident in SSH/SFTP and editing config files. It's a great remote - but not 'out-of-the-box' working.

Sorry - struggling to understand your link. My point about SSH/SFTP is that you really have to be confident using these tools to access the right files on the LibreElec installation to edit/update them. You can do it without - using SMB - but I find you get better results when you understand more clearly what you are trying to do - and being able to SSH (i.e. remotely log in to a command line) into a LibreElec install means you have a better understanding of the config issues you are trying to solve, particularly if the guides are a little old and things have changed a little.

For more information about specific Tivo Slide Pro config I'd consult the various wikis. I'm afraid I don't have a set-up to hand currently running with that remote - and don't have time to re-install.

You told me that the TiVo remote works well with his box, so I posted the TiVo Mini TCDA93000 box link. So it is through the LibreElec files that configure the remote control, you told me to go in remotely via the command line, the procedure seems very complicated, I understand very little, you should check the wiki.

A quick question between the Minix Neo U1, WeTek Play 2, the odroid c2, Vero 4k, which has the most powerful hardware ? There is also the MINIX NEO U9-H but it costs too much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Device Media-center0