Changing View mode during playback crashes XBMC/Ubuntu
I have not ran a log report yet, and I was just about to check keymap.xml.
I am more interested to see if anyone else can validate this issue first or if it is me.
Running Ubuntu 7.10
Compiled Linux XBMC Mar. 16th

Problem:
During playback of video, using the "Y" (yellow) button to select View mode on XBOX controller stops playback and closes XBMC, and occassionally freezes Ubuntu screen.

What it should do:
In XBMC in Windows and on XBOX when playing a video and the "View mode" button is pressed, the video scrolls through different layouts (normal, 4:3, 16:9, etc.)

Tests performed:
Attempted using different skins: PMIII, AEON, XTV
Changed Video Resolution: Best Available, 1366x768(desktop), 720p, 480
Changed Screen Resolution: Auto, 1366x768(desktop), 720 16:9, 480
i've noticed this for a while.
sometimes it will crash mouse movement in ubuntu until i've restarted my x session. (crtl+alt+backspace)
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
snappz Wrote:i've noticed this for a while.
sometimes it will crash mouse movement in ubuntu until i've restarted my x session. (crtl+alt+backspace)

Hi all!!! thanks for this software.. it is great!

My mouse is freezed also after crash, but if you restart XBMC, mouse would become alive again, and you could shutdown XBMC having once again mouse...
Quote:Problem:
During playback of video, using the "Y" (yellow) button to select View mode on XBOX controller stops playback and closes XBMC, and occassionally freezes Ubuntu screen.

Hello.. I have a Microsoft mediacenter remote (model:1039)

When pressing "OK" button it just do the same... exit XBMC and freezes mouse at ubuntu. If I do without gnome, running directly connecting to an X server, I get blank screen (black)..

I think the problem is located at code..... someone needs logs for thisHuhHuh? If you change aspect ratio from menus, it do it great.. if you call to the event directly pressing OK button in my case, XBMC dies..

A temporal sollution is to modify keymap, to prevent this.. ok... but It should be great you could change aspect ratio directly without entering menu, while reproducing video....

If developer cannot test, I can bring logs if you want... i think it may be easy to fix..
I've been having this exact same problem for the last several builds. Click to change zoom/aspect ratio, and an immediate crash/quit. I've gone back to using an older one, but I can't see what's changed.

I'm much more concerned about this than the fact the mouse freezes on a crash (which it does) since it's not supposed to crash in the first place, if we can help it.
This is what shows up in XBMC.log

00:04:28 T:3072943936 M: 6041600 DEBUG: Joystick 0 button 5 Down
00:04:28 T:3072943936 M: 6041600 DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (videoplayer.soften) was not found. It must be case-sensitive

I last compiled from the SVN on Sunday, so I am pretty much running the latest code. I have reviewed the keymap.xml, and it looks fine, the command from controller and keyboard is calling for AspectRatio.

say for Linux X+Y does not start debug mode, does this mean that I need to recompile in order to start debug mode?
Is today Sunday? No. Update, then bitch. "Pretty much latest" != "latest"

There is an option to enable debug in the "system" options. The x+y stuff is xbox only.

Please don't post log clips without pastebinning the whole log, chances are there are other less obvious things we want to see.
Fair enough althekiller, thank you for the feedback.
I updated from the SVN today March 27th SVN 12326.
I compiled with debug turned on.
I am still able to produce the problem.

I would like to pastebin the xbmc.log, but my dumb question is, I have not done a pastebin before, any support or direction would be appreciated.
My understanding with Linux was that the developers did not want users to post into the SVN bug tracker yet since the software is not yet alpha, let me know if I am wrong here?
pastebin.com pastebin.ca rafb.net
Playing video fine, press "OK" on remote = crash.

Full log: http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m6ba53a08

Last few lines:

Code:
18:34:29 T:3061053280 M:250535936   DEBUG: Update - NEW at 25502:000000037ff07bdd 00 OK mceusb
18:34:29 T:3061053280 M:250535936   DEBUG: OnKey: 11 pressed, action is 19
18:34:29 T:3061053280 M:250544128   DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (videoplayer.soften) was not found.  It must be case-sensitive
XBMC machine: ABIT AN-M2HD with nVidia 7050 onboard (Ubuntu Hardy + latest nVidia driver), AMD Athlon BE-2350, Microsoft MCE IR Remote, Logitech PS3 USB keyboard, 33w idle, 53w max, 720p plasma over HDMI
I haven't done the most scientific study, but I was stuck at 12033 for a long time as later builds had this problem. Built again today from 12423 and all is working again.

So it looks like the problem has gone away, but it would be nice if someone knew what it was in the first place.

Original problem with both remote and keyboard, but using the menu to change view mode did not crash. Also strangely, crashing due to that problem would wipe out my audio drivers every time....

I encourage anybody who's been having this problem to try a current build and let us know if it is fixed for all, or only some.

Thanks,
-Dan

BTW: Geforce 7150 if that makes a difference.
agreed fixed in rev 12419

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing View mode during playback crashes XBMC/Ubuntu0