Running TVHeadend on Raspberry Pi with HDHomeruns
After a lot of deliberation, I have finally decided to go with an HDHomerun connect (with a view to getting a second one, once I have everything fully set up).

My set up is as follows:

I have a central server/NAS (running Openmediavault) with 10TB of storage, spread over 6 Hard Drives. I installed TVHeadend on the device to schedule all my recordings. The server also contained a couple of TV tuners.

The server is connected to various RPi clients, via Gigabit network, to watch recordings, ripped DVDs and live TV.

My initial thought was merely to remove the TV tuners form the server and just use the network ones instead.

However, given the flexibility of the network tuners, I was wondering what other possibilities there were.

In particular, I was toying with the idea of moving TVHeadend to a dedicated Raspberry Pi.

I could then either record directly to the server or record to a Hard Drive, attached to the Pi, and then move recordings over to the server later on.

I would not, therefore, have to leave the server on all day.

I could also make use of the HDHomerun add-on for the RPi client's, whenever I want to watch Live TV - by bypassing the Raspberry Pi, for this, I could avoid potentially saturating the Raspberry Pi's networking bandwidth.

What do you think?

Has anyone else been down a similar route?

Messages In This Thread
Running TVHeadend on Raspberry Pi with HDHomeruns - by elsmandino - 2017-08-22, 12:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running TVHeadend on Raspberry Pi with HDHomeruns0