.nfo support for TV Shows & TV Episodes
I've got a question for you spiff,

When creating the nfo files for individual episodes then I assume the completed
<episodedetails>
</episodedetails> tags enclose each TV episode

However for the tvshow.nfo does the body need to be enclosed by
<tvshow>
</tvshow> tags. I ask because within the XML the </tvshow> tag only appears after all of the episode entries.

many thanx,

BTW I've found peoples interest in this feature to be dissapointing so far. I'm hoping that inclusion of this feature within my little prog will ignite some interest in your patch.
yeah, you need the tvshow tags
yes! awesome. I can't wait to try it out Big Grin Thanks for your hard work
billyad2000 Wrote:BTW I've found peoples interest in this feature to be dissapointing so far. I'm hoping that inclusion of this feature within my little prog will ignite some interest in your patch.

Just wanted to chime in that I'm really glad to see this feature added. Most XBMC time right now is being spent learning Linux, though, so I've not had a lot of time to experiment here yet.
billyad2000 Wrote:BTW I've found peoples interest in this feature to be dissapointing so far. I'm hoping that inclusion of this feature within my little prog will ignite some interest in your patch.
Absolutely.. I am awaiting your implementation to understand how the XBMC implementation actually works Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
overwhelmed by the amount of feedback i have gotten, i have chosen to stick this in svn
Very cool spiff! Thanks again for all the hard work. If you ever make it to Oregon let me know and I'll buy you a beer!
So glad to hear. Thanks from me also Spiff, highly useable!!!
Thanks from me too spiff. I finally got around to renaming all my tv shows and scanning them in. It will be nice not to have do a fresh, full scan again.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you spiff!

Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i looked in the wiki but didn't find anything about this, so i have a question. for adding the URL's to tv show nfo's that already have the info filled in, how exactly do you add the url so it can fetch info for new episodes if need be? would it be like this?

Code:
<episodeguide>http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=72885</episodeguide>
spiff Wrote:overwhelmed by the amount of feedback i have gotten, i have chosen to stick this in svn

Thank you Spiff!
that is currently not supported, but probably should be. rite now it only supports the real urls which can be exported (only ones i kept in mind). you can open the scraper and see the real format in there
ah ok cool, thanks
I noticed talk about the tvdb.com scraper, will this TV show nfo file thing work with the tv.com scraper also?

Thanks,
Harry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.nfo support for TV Shows & TV Episodes0