Best MultiBoot SetUp ?
Ultimately I'd like to have LibreELEC/Kodi, Raspian and a retro game app like RetroPie on the one SD.

It should automatically boot into Kodi upon start up (much like LibreELEC), but give me the option of booting to the others if possible.

I saw one were it gave you a few seconds delay upon startup were you could choose which to boot into, then after the predetermined delay it just booted into which ever was the 'primary' app. Don't recall though which multiboot that was.

Also I'd hope to control all this with a simple remote. Of course if I booted into Raspian or RetroPie Id need more than a remote, but the majority of the time I would just be using Kodi.

Is this at all possible and which MultiBoot setup should I use ?
NOOBS supports multi-boot. NOOBS is the only multi-boot solution recommended by LibreELEC.

No clue if you can select the OS to boot using a remote control.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
You'll want to try PINN, which is a fork of NOOBS, but with CEC enabled boot menu.
Have a look at this:
http://www.matthuisman.nz/2017/03/retrop...-boot.html

You can also install any other systems as well (Raspbian etc).
It uses PINN and also my KODI add-on that allows easily booting to each other installed system from KODI.
The add-on can also install "Boot-back" which slightly modifies RetroPie to allow easily booting back into KODI.
Thanks guys !

(2017-08-22, 23:43)Milhouse Wrote: NOOBS is the only multi-boot solution recommended by LibreELEC.

Would this mean should I use anything other than NOOBS and run into problems I won't receive assistance from LE as when one installs 3rd party repos on KODI ? - which is understandable, as one shouldn't be responsible for others work.

(2017-08-23, 03:01)edrikk Wrote: You'll want to try PINN, which is a fork of NOOBS, but with CEC enabled boot menu.

Thanks for PINN.
What exactly is CEC ? I couldn't find any info on this.

(2017-08-23, 03:07)matthuisman Wrote: Have a look at this:
http://www.matthuisman.nz/2017/03/retrop...-boot.html

You can also install any other systems as well (Raspbian etc).
It uses PINN and also my KODI add-on that allows easily booting to each other installed system from KODI.
The add-on can also install "Boot-back" which slightly modifies RetroPie to allow easily booting back into KODI.

Then would this be a modified (by yourself) version of PINN ? Thank you for your effort and work.

Are all the above controlled by a simple remote from boot-up forward, or would I need an Air Mouse/Keyboard combo to implement these.

Thank you all again for your help.
The wiki reveals all - CEC (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-08-25, 14:03)DarrenHill Wrote: The wiki reveals all - CEC (wiki)

I see, thank you Darren.

I was looking into purchasing the RemotePi board to control and turn on/off the Pi3. Would this then complicate and or conflict with CEC technology ?
And would I then be able to turn the Pi3 on/off with only CEC ?
You could turn the Pi off by CEC (via selecting quit and shutdown from the menu), but not on again.

There would be no conflict, in the worst case you can just turn CEC off in the settings menu.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best MultiBoot SetUp ?0