Problem with add-on
I have an add-on I wrote a while back that works fine in Kodi v16. However, in Kodi 17, it fails. Looking at my log file, I get this:

Quote:Error Type: <class 'zipfile.BadZipfile'>
Error Contents: File is not a zip file

Any idea or help of why it works in v16 but not v17?
Quote:Looking at my log file
Well, Mr Tinsley. We don't see anything of your log. Two lines is certainly not a log file.
And basically our strategy is: no debug log provided, no problem to solve. Smile
If you post your addons default.py file I might be able to help.
Ok, well I take back what I said. It does work in Kodi 17.4, but I was testing in SPMC 17.4 Alpha 8. It fails in SPMC and works in Kodi. I use SPMC because it works better for me on my Nvidia Shield so was hoping to get it figured out....

Below is the error porting of the log:

Code:
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'zipfile.BadZipfile'>
                                            Error Contents: File is not a zip file
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc17/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.video.stream/default.py", line 87, in <module>
                                                mainw()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc17/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.video.stream/default.py", line 77, in mainw
                                                getud(guzip, 'Download','Updating')
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc17/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.video.stream/default.py", line 56, in getud
                                                extract.all(userzip,homefol,dlgudprog)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc17/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.video.stream/extract.py", line 5, in all
                                                return allWithProgress(_in, _out, dp)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc17/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.video.stream/extract.py", line 23, in allWithProgress
                                                zin = zipfile.ZipFile(_in,  'r')
                                              File "/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/SPMC17-Android-ARM/workspace/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 770, in __init__
                                              File "/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/SPMC17-Android-ARM/workspace/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 811, in _RealGetContents
                                            BadZipfile: File is not a zip file
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Again, that is not a debug log.

Please provide the entire log. Extracts are of little use.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To be clear, upload the full and debug enabled debug log (wiki) to pastebin.com and supply the link they will give you here.

Logs (full or snippets) should not be posted directly to the forum, as they needlessly bloat the forum database and can be difficult to analyse and work with.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with add-on0