Add-on custom menu font colours
Hi all,

Been using Kodi for a while now, and I've been loving it and would love to contribute in some way (I'm a web developer, tell me what I can do!).

I only really use a couple of add-ons, but recently I've been mightily confused by one thing happening over and over again. Add-ons can specify whatever font colour they want for whatever part of their menus.

Why is that? Is that not something that should be determined by the skin only? I have seen some combinations of add-ons specifying white text with skins with a white background -- you can imagine what happens there! In the worst cases, some skins only display menu items as... transparent. Fat lot of useful is that.

How is a menu entry customisable at add-on level, or event at add-on feed level? This seems utterly daft, as it narrows the user's real choice -- I can't use Motor Replays with the default skin as nothing shows up; with Arctic Zephyr it hurts my eyes; if those skins were only reading the text content it would be much, much better, as the skin developers have done the hard work of making things readable. A menu item should be text, that's it. (It wouldn't stop add-on developers from using titles like '--==<( super awesome thing )>==--'... But that would at least still be usable, I'd know what I'm clicking).

Is it just me? Are people happy reading yellow on light grey? And having their beautiful skins (because some of those skins are truly beautiful) bastardised with repositories and add-ons called --[[SUPER-DUPER-REPOSITORY add-on]]--?

My 2 cents.
Thread moved to addon development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-09-03, 19:56)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread moved to addon development

Thanks Smile
Normally we do not accept addons with color tags in their text label in the official Kodi repo. If you are talking about some piracy stuff that you have found on the Net, then post your rant somewhere else. If those third-party addons aren't piracy related then you should still address your complaints to the authors of those addons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on custom menu font colours0