MySQL watched status issue
I set up a sql server on desktop A and I'm using the WABC addon. If I add a show to the library from there I can now see it on my Desktop B and can also see the watched status update on Desktop B i I view it on Desktop A. However, if I add something to the library from Desktop B or watch something that's already in the library from Desktop B it isn't updating sql. I have sql qorkbench on Desktop B and can login to the the sql database on Desktop A just fine. I can ping both ways. I have the port open in the firewall on Desktop A. I can see the shows going into the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.wabc\TV Shows folder when I add them to the library and I have that folder as a video source. I have the advancedsetting.xml on both PCs. What's confusing me is that if it was a connection/permission/firewall issue then I would be seeing the shows in my library on desktop B as I add them from Desktop A right? Thought? and thanks.
I also wanted to mention that even though I can connect to the database just fine on Desktop B, when I add the show to the library, it isn't creating the listing in the table. Only when I do it from the Desktop A which has the server on it.
Adding files from different clients can be seen as different videos. Hence, the watched status will not work in a shared state.

A shared SQL database also preferably needs a shared video location for all Kodi clients. Storing various files in multiple locations can become very confusing.
Let me give you my real world example. I added a tv show from the WABC addon on my main desktop. It now shows in the library in kodi on both my machines along with all the seasons and all the episodes.. good so far. But if I mark on of the episodes as watched on the Machine B, it doesn't say watched on either machine and it doesn't update that episode to watched in the sql database. If I mark it as watched in the Machine A then it shows it as watched on both machines. It's almost like Machine A can connect and update the database just fine but Machine B can only view the database but not update anything. I am logging in using the same username/password from both machines and I have a % for that user in the "From Host" section of the database (at first I thought I might have localhost in there but I don't and I wouldn't even be able to connect if that were the case). Theres not somewhere in the DB that would say that a user can alter tables from local host but only view tables if not local host other than where I just referenced is there?
Can you actually play the video on Machine B?
it seems as if you are putting the videos themselves inside your Kodi profile folder, which is of course only available to the machine that this profile belongs to.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
A little more explanation that might help. This WABC addon. Its ABC. It doesn't actually have the video file that I am adding to my library. The addon has library integration. When I add the show to the library, it adds all the seasons and episodes to my library, however, It really only adds a "placeholder" or a link to the video if you will. When I click on the episode it pulls up the episode in the wabc addon and streams it. So it's not a case that the media isn't accessible from my device. As long as I have the addon on both machines then when I click on the episode it opens it and streams it through the addon. I added several shows to my library from the wabc addon and I can play them on machine A and on Machine B just fine. But if I play them on machine B it doesn't mark them as watched when I am done. Also, if I add them to my library from machine B it doesn't add them to the sql database and therefore I never see the new library addition on Machine A. Everything works great on Machine A and any changes/watched/additions/deletions I make show up accurately on Machine B. Hope this helps. And thanks for the replies btw.
Every video is 'registered' in the files table in the SQL database. From there, the idFile can be linked to lots of other stuff.

Perhaps it's best to start with a totally clean database, and add one video per Kodi client, and see what the differences are in the database. If machine B does not register the watched status, it should be easy enough to track down.
I just set this up right before I put in the forum question on here. I can start fresh again if you think it will help. I'm working from 2 machines as you know. If I add a show from machine A then I see it in the DB just fine. If I add a show from Machine B then it does not add it to the DB. However, I can access the DB just fine using the same credentials from either machine.
FYI, I got this working.  I scrapped the whole thing and started over.  Part of the issue was that on some of my machines I was using the <name> tag in my advancedsettings file and finally found out that the tag isn't supported anymore.  That was causing me to have an error and the file wasn't loading properly.  Anyway, hope that little tidbit helps someone.  Thanks for all the replies.
The wiki has NEVER recommended using the name tag.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-03-19, 07:22)nickr Wrote: The wiki has NEVER recommended using the name tag.
 Ya, I don't think I got it from the wiki.  I was looking to customize more and saw it being used on several instructionals from different sites so I implemented it on mine.  Leter I read on another site that support for that tag was dropped in Krypton.  Either way, it's removed now and all is working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL watched status issue0