Apple TV 4 Custom .deb
Hi all, I'm just wondering if someone knows how to package up a .deb correctly or how to correctly create a custom one.

Basically I took the current 17.3 .deb version for Apple TV and deconstructed it so I could copy across components and plugins to create my own custom one to save me having to re-install everything all the time. The only thing is that when I package it back into a .deb the iOS App Signer states "Error reading deb file" and this is usually occurring during the extraction of the data.tar.gz folder.

Any help would be welcome as it's doing my head in Undecided

Cheers
OK I managed to solve that first issue; my next issue though is that despite having the packages installed in my custom deb; they also hit the target platform but they do not show in the menu.

As an example, I have added the script.xbmcbackup module to my build; but it doesn't appear in program add-ons. However, when going to "Add from Repository" > "Program add-ons" > "Backup" it appears with a cross next to it and when you select this it gives you the option to enable it immediately; showing that it is installed.

Does anyone have an idea as to how I could have this appear immediately on first run without having to perform the procedure I just described? I assume it may be possible to edit a .xml to display it or something similar?

I should add that all dependencies for the module appear to be installed also, the only thing I can't seem to make it do is to display on first run.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Thread moved to iOS section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Darren. I wasn't sure if this was an iOS issue or not.
Sorry - no support from my side for this sort of stuff.

The fact that i release atv4 deb files like what feels like twice a year tells me that there must be another reason that results in your need to install kodi so often that it is a hazzle to install addons you would like to have.

Should i count 1 and 1 together now? I would really appreciate if you would stop to try to make money out of my and the other contributors work.

And now i sit back and am looking forward for the "real" reasoning which of course is something completely different and tells me that i am a paranoia accusator from hell. (Mostly the last thing i hear from people asking this sort of stuff...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Your maths is flawed in this instance my good man.

While I was not specifically asking for support from you either; I don't appreciate the conclusion that I am trying to make money from this.

I use a free iOS developer account and resigning once a week is hassle enough as it is so I was simply trying to make my own life a little easier. I have a job whereby I make more than enough money to support my family and if I wanted to supplement that lifestyle I would open a bar or something with friends.

Not everyone out there is a scumbag.

It is up to you if you believe me or not. That is your choice; but the truth is that I was literally trying to save a few minutes for myself each week as time is short enough in this world.
Then your workflow is flawed too. Resigning kodi doesn't result in loosing any settings or addons that were installed if done correct.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
OK, well I am knew to this. How can I resign with it still on the device? I'd be happy to know as this will save me even more time.
Just resign (for example with ios app signer) and install it with xcode. Only the app id needs to be kept the same. Xcode will ask for overwriting kodi which is fine and will leave anything in place.
Ahh OK cool. I know about the re-signing but didn't realise it would keep all features in place when installing again through Xcode, I had been removing and then installing and starting from fresh each time; hence trying to make a deb with my preferred add-ons. I'll give it a test tonight, thanks for the pointer. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, Memphiz.
Right, I've given it a shot. Initially I tried re-signing the deb with iOS App Signer and then re-install in Xcode by going to devices and rather than selecting the Kodi on the Apple TV and hitting the '-' sign I simply tried to install over the top by hitting the '+' sign and hoping it would install over the top. I got an error saying it had failed after a minute or so.

So I then tried to sign the deb again with my provisioning profile and then installed the IPA by hitting the '+' in Xcode without first removing and it gave me no error; loading the App on the Apple TV still has my settings. So it appeared to work that way round. However, I have two questions:
1) Was the second way the correct way? I ask as the app was not due to expire for five days so it is hard to tell.
2) Is there a way to check the expiry of the signed app that you know of?

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.
1) correct, 2) you can see the exporation date of your cert in xcode -> preferences -> accounts in your developer account
Hi Memphiz,

What about Plans for kodi 18 for Apple TV 4K? Im asking because of the the inputstream addon which is intergreted in kodi 18.
with inputstream i can install the sky Go addon and Login And Watch sky Sport in my bedroom
And you are double posting, cross posting and i don't care what you can do with kodi 18 tbh.
(2017-09-21, 07:45)Memphiz Wrote: 1) correct, 2) you can see the exporation date of your cert in xcode -> preferences -> accounts in your developer account

Thanks for the help dude. Much appreciated, that saves me loads of time and now I don't have to get frustrated with Kodi installs Smile
All the best man.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 Custom .deb0