v17 Crash on start while updating channel and EPG information from MythTV backend
I have the same problem(s)...
Kodi 17.6 on Android 7.0.1 on a H96 Pro Plus stripped with only Kodi installed (only HDHomerun and MythTV PVR addons installed)
MythTV DVR backend (external)
HDHomerun Prime tuners attached to MythTV

I've been testing various combinations of addons, settings and configurations, various other boxes for almost a year now.

Locks up on startup, usually but not always during filling the database. 
Locks up while just watching a channel live via MythTV, atleast once per day but usually a couple times per day...requiring a box reboot.

Box and Kodi seem to work fine as long as MythTV PVR addon is installed. I thought it was the box, I bought two more boxes. 

The second box did the same thing. One observation, the box started booting with scrambled splash screen after a bout a month of use. This got worse and worse. Hint, something is bleeding (hemoraging) into display memory or such.

Third box has been running fine so far with out MythTV PVR addon.
Seems to be better running on Windows 10 from I'm seeing.
I don't know about how it runs on Linux, I don't have a spare Linux device to test at the present time.

This is definitely a MythPVR addon issue.
(2018-02-17, 21:47)Smallmountains Wrote: I have the same problem(s)...
Kodi 17.6 on Android 7.0.1 on a H96 Pro Plus stripped with only Kodi installed (only HDHomerun and MythTV PVR addons installed)
MythTV DVR backend (external)
HDHomerun Prime tuners attached to MythTV

I've been testing various combinations of addons, settings and configurations, various other boxes for almost a year now.

Locks up on startup, usually but not always during filling the database. 
Locks up while just watching a channel live via MythTV, atleast once per day but usually a couple times per day...requiring a box reboot.

Box and Kodi seem to work fine as long as MythTV PVR addon is installed. I thought it was the box, I bought two more boxes. 

The second box did the same thing. One observation, the box started booting with scrambled splash screen after a bout a month of use. This got worse and worse. Hint, something is bleeding (hemoraging) into display memory or such.

Third box has been running fine so far with out MythTV PVR addon.
Seems to be better running on Windows 10 from I'm seeing.
I don't know about how it runs on Linux, I don't have a spare Linux device to test at the present time.

This is definitely a MythPVR addon issue.

Try a recent Kodi 18 nightly build and report back if the problems are persisting. No more fixes for 17.
Try switch off caching of epg, works here for me until now...
Latest Kodi 18 Millhouse #1006 on RPi3 - Kodi crashes, even if I store data in local cache or not Sad
Will try to post a log later.
After 15 years of use I gave up on Mythtv because I don't think people are seriously supporting it.  I fear for my life when it comes to WAF and don't want to deal with the issue

Matter of fact I no longer need to heat the house(7x24x365) with a power hungry x86 server setup

Odroid-HC2 with 4TB HD
Linux hc2 4.14.69-135 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 11 01:12:57 UTC 2018 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
(1) 4 port HDHomeRun
(1) 2 port HDHomerun
TVHeadend
(2018-10-10, 19:21)bbolin Wrote: After 15 years of use I gave up on Mythtv because I don't think people are seriously supporting it.  I fear for my life when it comes to WAF and don't want to deal with the issue

Matter of fact I no longer need to heat the house(7x24x365) with a power hungry x86 server setup

Odroid-HC2 with 4TB HD
Linux hc2 4.14.69-135 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 11 01:12:57 UTC 2018 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
(1) 4 port HDHomeRun
(1) 2 port HDHomerun
TVHeadend
Interesting. Recently I've changed from Mythbuntu (about 10 years) to Ubuntu 18.04 server with kodi-standalone (18 Beta) and tvheadend.
I've not changed the hardware yet because I'm using the netflix and amazon plugins.
Hardware accelerated decoding of the graphics card is not supported for those plugins at the moment.
And I don't think that we will see that soon.
But I've no crashes any more. :-)
After Mythbuntu ISO's basically fizzled away I just started using Ubuntu server ( 16.04 ) with Mythbuntu PPA's.  Using NO X11 at all.  Works just fine to configure using another X11 desktop ( ssh -X mythbox mythtv-setup )

Stopped using MythTV frontend.  Nothing really wrong with MythTV frontend and actually runs very fast and allows configuration of other things.  But MythTV is about all that it does and ARM isn't supported

The frontends I've used to replace are all using Libreelec on both Odroid-C2's and X86 ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom N330

The benefit in my eyes are Kodi plugins.  Pretty much just use Youtube but others are available

I will tell you that the Odroid-C2 out performs the Zotac's quite a bit.  All of my recordings are USA mpeg2.  If you know anything about mpeg2 it needs a bunch more horsepower then h.264

Stopped using commercial skip years ago.  It's hard on drives and resource intensive.  With some advancedsettings.xml you can zip through commercials easily

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforwardbig>210</timeseekforwardbig>
<timeseekbackwardbig>-210</timeseekbackwardbig>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Still transcode DVD's once in a while but haven't found many DVD's lately that are worth transcoding (handbrake-cli or MakeMKV when things get tricky).  Just put them on NFS exports and let Kodi grab them

"But I've no crashes any more" I've heard this from a number of people and even doubled checked.  Nope still crashed.  Lost patients with waiting and playing around
I didn't read this thread  Confused . It is a mess here. Definitely the addon is not the cause. Stay on Kodi 16 (Jarvis) or go to Kodi 18 (Leia).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on start while updating channel and EPG information from MythTV backend0