[Feature Request] Label or description of bookmarks
Hi,

recently I needed a way to store some points in video and I discovered bookmarks. It would be much better, if I could add a label or a short description. My main reason to use them
is with documentaries. Sometimes some arguments are interesting and I need a way to find them easily. Most of the time I need to store multiple bookmarks and with a description I could find the one I need easily.

A similar request as been also asked, but I would be happy with less features. (Searchable bookmarks).

Thank you!
I have been interested in a more robust bookmark capability, such as showing them in video container windows (I did a hack on movie information dialog that plays/pauses the video in the background in order to access the bookmarks). Currently you could maybe get closer with chapters, but you would have to be able to add them outside of Kodi. And Kodi doesn't show chapters / chapter titles in video containers either. I have experimented with creating bookmarks in Kodi, exporting them using SQLite software and then converting into a chapter file that can be added to an mkv file with mkvtoolnix. It could maybe be automated into an addon, but not "legal" for Kodi as direct access to the databases isn't allowed for approved addons.

At least if they could be exported just as a list of timestamps within each video library item then it would be easier to get at them for adding as chapters.

scott s.
Thank you for your reply. I have think about it a lot and I think to implement it in Kodi is not a good option for me. I prefer having
the bookmarks not in kodi, if I change one time the media center, I could lose everything or it would be very time consuming.

If I use Kodi, I see the following solutions:

- adding chapters. I could end with a video with the chapters and the chapters for bookmarks. At the moment I could use mkvtoolnix or
investigating your proposal. For me it would be too much chapters in the video.
- I could use the .nfo files. I could use the "plot" field to write everything. It's not the goal of that field, but it could work.

Without kodi I could write a simple PDF file. It's simple, it works. I think my prefered solution is here:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions...ost5323258

I didn't read everything, but I'll take the following ideas:

- use mpv
- create a bookmark files with a structure similar to the proposed one. There won't be any limit on the size of the label.

After that it would be possible to create a structure with tags and use a simple grep to search with the command line what I want. I will probably
write a script to start the video at the given time of a bookmark, the time will be saved in the bookmark file.

Perhaps something similar could be implemented in Kodi, but for me it's not necessary.

By the way I have open a feature request to add a label to a bookmark in Kodi. It won't probably been implemented soon if it's accepted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Label or description of bookmarks0