First longpress after input device standby/resume not working
(2017-10-22, 12:25)CiNcH Wrote: I tried longpress on the Android TV HOME screen where it works properly after the mentioned 30s idle time and removal/re-detection of the input device. Also according to the LED on the Sony Android TV, longpress seems to work. But the re-detection of the input device inside Kodi after the 30s idle time seems to reset the key somehow.

When the screen saver kicks in, Android changes the device from a keyboard to a joystick. I'm not sure why. I'll be able to look into this after DevCon next weekend. In the meantime, the best we can do is make the joystick device act like the keyboard device.

(2017-10-22, 12:25)CiNcH Wrote: Weird thing is that it is detected as Joystick (in the log), even after disabling the respective add-on.

The device type is determined by Android, not Kodi. Joystick detection is done by Kodi instead of the add-on. However, the add-on contains the button maps, so it must be enabled for joysticks to have any effect in Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Longpress not working under certain circumstances - by garbear - 2017-10-24, 00:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First longpress after input device standby/resume not working1