Animated dimming corrupts certain screens.
17.4 Git:20170928-nogitfound Media Center Kodi
(This Arch Linux package : https://www.archlinux.org/packages/commu...6_64/kodi/)

Linux htpc 4.13.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 28 08:39:52 CEST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
KDE Plasma 5.10.5
KDE Frameworks 5.38.0
Qt 5.9.1
OpenGL 3.0 Mesa 17.2.2

AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB AMD Polaris 10 / DRM 3.18.0 / LLVM 5.0.0
Old PC hardware repurposed as a HTPC. Not a TV box.

After a few minutes of inactivity, Kodi starts an animated dim of the screen.
This has stopped working properly about 1+ month ago on certain screens/windows.

For one, the Home screen, System, and paused Fullscreen Video screens are unaffected.
While for example the Addons, Extended Info, Actor Info, and Video Information screens,  and List views are affected by the screen corruption.

The corruption is visible during the animation, and remains visible after the dim animation.

Hitting a key on the keyboard (or starting mouse interaction) starts the animated brightening of the screen, which again shows the corruption during the animation (lesser and lesser) until full bright and uncorrupted.
For obvious reasons, I can't take a screenshot with Ctrl+S (nor quickly Ctrl+S+S). So I took 2 snapshots with my phone camera.

I can't determine if this is a Kodi, KDE/Plasma, or Mesa issue.
Because it is not happening on every Kodi screen and only happens in Kodi (even after a fresh install), I assume that this is a Kodi issue.

It happens on the same screens in Estuary (see screenshots), Bello, and Grid skins. So I assume that it EDIT, added last part of sentence: is not a Kodi skin issue.

Does anyone else see this screen corruption happening ?

Large images : Image Image
Image Image
BUMP!
Disable plasma and reproduce with e.g. fluxbox.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated dimming corrupts certain screens.0