Loading music video ffrom library in music window
I assume this is part of the general slowness in opening items from library nodes in the Music window, but discussion on that seems focused on songs.

Here I am opening library node Music --> Music Video --> Titles

That results in "scanning media information" progress dialog launching , with notation "Loading media information from files..."  though it appears it actually is accessing MyVideosnnn.db, not any files.  I can cancel out of this, and while I have no way to really compare what is being displayed in the resulting media container, I don't really see what I am missing in the view when I do cancel.  I guess also a cache file is created vdb-*.fi.  Doesn't seem like this cache is then read or used after being created?

More a bother is that when I send via keyboard <i> the "info" action, the movieinformation dialog is launched, and when I close that dialog the "scanning media information" runs again.  But if instead of using the info action, I use the context menu and select "information", again it launches movieinformation dialog, but in this instance when I close the dialog, the "scanning media information" doesn't run.  Also when playing media, after closing FullScreenVideo window and returning to Music window, the "scanning media information" runs again.

Normally I only load music videos from the Videos window, which doesn't display this behavior.  But I have been trying to learn more about the crash that results in MusicPlaylist window when music videos are listed in that window.

The same basic thing happens in MusicPlaylist, and I see that a cache file MusicPlaylist.fi is created.  In Kodi 17 in MusicPlaylist when using keyboard <i> to send info action, songinformation dialog is launched, but if instead context menu --> information is selected, movieinformation dialog is launched.  In Kodi 18 MusicPlaylist, using context menu --> information launches the movieinformation dialog, same as Kodi 17, but sending action info in Kodi 18 crashes Kodi.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading music video ffrom library in music window0