Linux GTX 1060 HTPC Build Question
Now that I switched to ALSA, I've got no audio in Firefox & Chrome (was able to select an audio device in vlc so that is working again).  How does one pick a default ALSA device for other applications?
(2018-01-02, 20:05)fritsch Wrote: You have another chance to fix it. Get a 4.14 mainline kernel from ubuntu mainline and try with that one.
Solved the distorted audio problem by switching to Fixed, 5.1 and 96khz.  Kodi sounds are fine in this mode, stereo works.

Unfortunately, can't bitstream DTS-MA in this mode.  Does fixed preclude DTS-MA bitstreaming?
It does what the settings description says :-). In short: yes.

Update your kernel and see if the issue is solved.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Still haven't figured this out.  How can I configured the default ALSA device so that Firefox/Chrome etc. have audio now that pulse is disabled?
We are not a distribution or a general help center. You need to write an ~/.asound.conf to set your default devices. Which one that is depends on your ALSA devices. A default device for hw:0,3 could look like:
Code:
pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave {
    pcm "hw:0,3"
    rate 48000
  }
}

Which value to choose you find via aplay -l (<- this is a small L).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, all I needed was the pointer to create the user specific ALSA configuration file.  Everything (chrome, chomium, vlc, movies etc.) is working now except Firefox.  Did Firefox pull support for ALSA?  I read an article that it got pulled but the article is almost a year old.
(2018-01-04, 19:09)lindend Wrote: Thanks, all I needed was the pointer to create the user specific ALSA configuration file.  Everything (chrome, chomium, vlc, movies etc.) is working now except Firefox.  Did Firefox pull support for ALSA?  I read an article that it got pulled but the article is almost a year old.
 Nope - Firefox should use it as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GTX 1060 HTPC Build Question0