Deleting Video Files
I have had a Windows 10 machine running Kodi for about a year in my living room.  I have a TV tuner card installed to record live TV.  It took me a while to figure out, but I did find how to delete my TV shows after I have watched them without using a keyboard or mouse.  To do it easily, I set an unused button on my Logitech remote to be the delete button.  Now when I am done watching a show, I can delete it.  It asks if I want to remove from library, then asks if I want to permanently delete the file.  Works great.

So I finally set up another Windows 10 machine in the bedroom, and set up the same Logitech remote for that system.  It took me a while to figure out how to get the library from the living room to the bedroom, but that is all working now.  But when I go through to delete, it goes through the same questions, and then hangs for 30 or 40 seconds, and then the video is gone from the library.  Everything seems fine after that, but it all comes back as soon as I update the library.

So it seems that even though it asks if I am sure I want to delete it, it isn't being done.  I thought maybe I didn't allow a permission in the shared folders in the homegroup, but I checked that and it shows I did.  And if I try to delete a file through the file explorer in Windows it seems to be working there.

Is there a way to delete files on one machine, from another one, within Kodi?  Feel like I am probably missing something simple here.

Thanks
Perhaps on the Kodi in the bedroom, you missed the settings>media>general> Allow file name renaming and deletion. Check LAN files are not read-only! Right-clicking on the main share folder and disable "read-only" option. When deleting a folder from a SMB , the files inside the folder are removed, however the folder its self-remains. Disable auto-creation of thumb.db

A proper debug log showing the failed action of a deletion, posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this thread might contain a clue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting Video Files0